Stupid Security

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Stupid Security

Post by Cheshire Figment » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:40 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Which brings up the question, why would security even care, don't they have other things to worry about? People shoplifting, scamming stuff, fraud, breaking rules and so on!
Because when you are messing with (moving) people's strollers you are also casing them to decide whether the video camera they left in it is worth stealing.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:43 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:Because when you are messing with (moving) people's strollers you are also casing them to decide whether the video camera they left in it is worth stealing.
If thats true, I hope they have a good internal affairs unit!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:51 am

At KSR, we always tell people to take anything of value with them. It's not tough to do, and it absolves us of responsibility when we can't watch a hundred strollers in two locations that are completely out of sight from each other.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:56 am

Big Wallaby wrote:At KSR, we always tell people to take anything of value with them. It's not tough to do, and it absolves us of responsibility when we can't watch a hundred strollers in two locations that are completely out of sight from each other.
I would think people would think about it. A while ago on another board, there was a similar discussion, and some moms were laking about making a fake used diaper and hanging it on the stroller and so forth. but if someone wants that nine hundred dollar camera, they are going to take it. I have seen where a lot of people seem to have a false sense of security about their surrounding what at WDW or DLR. (which in a way is good, as it shows that they are trusting of the safety inside the parks) The reality is that bad guys can buy tickets too!

Planner
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Planner » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Haha reminds me of the trick I use with airport security, the ones at MCO are the worst, put my personal stuff in bio hazard bags and put that on the top of the luggage so when they open it (they always open my luggage) they don't screw with anything. So far its worked every time.

Back on topic, sorta, why do guests think they are some how immune to crime or bad stuff at Disney? lots of folks, lots of nice stuff, mass confusion just seems like a prime breeding ground for crime

[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't just let nature run wild"[/font]
Walt Disney

Wonder if he was thinking about a SG:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:55 pm

Planner wrote:Haha reminds me of the trick I use with airport security, the ones at MCO are the worst, put my personal stuff in bio hazard bags and put that on the top of the luggage so when they open it (they always open my luggage) they don't screw with anything. So far its worked every time.

Back on topic, sorta, why do guests think they are some how immune to crime or bad stuff at Disney? lots of folks, lots of nice stuff, mass confusion just seems like a prime breeding ground for crime
The only problem with that is that you risk them completely confiscating your bag, as a bio-hazard. and having it detained (and you) to determine WHY you are flying with that material.

I have noticed that TSA dosn't seem to have a sense of humor!!

I could tell some funny stories, but not allowed.

Planner
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Planner » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:19 pm

Ahh bio-hazard is not a crime, you can buy the bags in more CVS type places. I put my girly stuff and undies in there. They can see in the bag but wont open them.

Walt Disney

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:24 pm

Planner wrote:Ahh bio-hazard is not a crime, you can buy the bags in more CVS type places. I put my girly stuff and undies in there. They can see in the bag but wont open them.
Actually bio-hazzard labeled material is regulated for transport by the airlines. They have specific requirements. I am saying that it could cause you some very unpleasent delays, and possibly having to answer some questions from government employees that don't really have a good sense of humor about such things.

And believe me they are not shy about looking at anything that people transport.

Planner
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Planner » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:27 pm

Thanks for the heads up

Walt Disney

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:14 pm

Planner wrote:Haha reminds me of the trick I use with airport security, the ones at MCO are the worst, put my personal stuff in bio hazard bags and put that on the top of the luggage so when they open it (they always open my luggage) they don't screw with anything. So far its worked every time.

To go back on topic. I think that people have a false sense of security. As an example, you go through a ticket gate, and feel like you are in a controlled area, but either forget, or don't want to think that someone that is a thief could or would be there!

I think that Disney security does a great job, and I am sure that some of the CM's here could vouch that they do as much as possible to keep it safe.
The sheer size of the number of people they deal with and the low number of incidents worthy of a news article are a good indicator that they are trying!

(of course sometimes they can also control the press release!)