Stupid Security

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid Security

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:59 am

I've had a couple interesting run ins with security, one of them even when in costume in front of guests. While most of the time security people here are awesome, there are a couple on power trips...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:56 am

DLR was a single minded bunch of ghestappo police and not anything like WDW. Trust me you NEVER ever want them to hate you or get an opinion about you. I have seen them in action against people beside myself.

I never sold the damned pins and I made more profit in pin trading for pins that in cash anyday but the ghestappo turned a blind eye to theft and harrassment.

They should work for the terrorists so that we could win the war as they are so into their little plans.

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:01 pm

i was talking to a friend of mine here in California department of consumer affairs BSIS he was telling me that half of knott's security officer are not license by the state

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:38 pm

that could be bad, if someone gets hurt, and they are not licensed, the lawyers will be showing up!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bpgstudios » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:47 am

Over the holidays I had a security CM come up to me at philharmagic strollers (The BIG stroller lot in fantasyland) and tell us that we shouldn't move people's strollers around. WTH? :confused:

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:06 pm

bpgstudios wrote:Over the holidays I had a security CM come up to me at philharmagic strollers (The BIG stroller lot in fantasyland) and tell us that we shouldn't move people's strollers around. WTH? :confused:
What was the purpose of that? Was he trying to lessen the complaints that someone "stole" their stroller?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:34 pm

bpgstudios wrote:Over the holidays I had a security CM come up to me at philharmagic strollers (The BIG stroller lot in fantasyland) and tell us that we shouldn't move people's strollers around. WTH? :confused:
"you do your job and I'll do mine."

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:26 am

Well you should not move strollers around. Unfortunately you are paid to be the stroller valet who helps the SGs who need help in properly parking strollers.

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:00 pm

"Really? Tell you what; I'll let you take this up with Operations Management." Then get his name and call for a manager, saying that "Joe" (or whoever) from security has a problem with you.

It'll be the last time he bothers you... guaranteed.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:05 pm

ThunderCat wrote:"Really? Tell you what; I'll let you take this up with Operations Management." Then get his name and call for a manager, saying that "Joe" (or whoever) from security has a problem with you.

It'll be the last time he bothers you... guaranteed.
Which brings up the question, why would security even care, don't they have other things to worry about? People shoplifting, scamming stuff, fraud, breaking rules and so on!