When CMs get bored...

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
kutisusie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by kutisusie » Fri May 14, 2004 9:36 am

I think they have more camera than any of us wants to know about...

I know there are several in the top of the matterhorn, in fact, you can see them from the outside if you look carefully. I also heard that they can pinpoint someone with the cameras and follow them throughout the parks.

Hang on to your Hat, 'cause I'm not going to get it when it blows off your head.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Fri May 14, 2004 2:45 pm

^ That's kinda freaky... :shock:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Cloud Buster
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Cloud Buster » Sat May 15, 2004 4:01 am

Apparently there are really HIDDEN "Hidden Cameras" backstage, in people's offices too. On the second floor of N-19 is the Parades & Show Support offices. A pretty normal looking office with a bunch of cubicles, and not a camera in sight. Apparently, however, a former lead was fired recently because of something he was caught doing / saying while at the Show 2 desk. We don't really know the details, but have been told they have him on video! I was told this in one of the carts, away from the building so that I'd know to watch myself when I was in there.

My favorite camera is the one in Rehearsal Hall West in N-18. It's at eyelevel in the center on the South wall (the one with the ballet bar and mirrors), so it's blatantly obvious it's there. But the funny thing is, it's still covered up like all the other "hidden" cameras as if it would make it look inconspicuous!

DisneyPrincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DisneyPrincess » Mon May 17, 2004 7:18 am

kutisusie wrote:I think they have more camera than any of us wants to know about...

I know there are several in the top of the matterhorn, in fact, you can see them from the outside if you look carefully. I also heard that they can pinpoint someone with the cameras and follow them throughout the parks.
They are everywhere. I've been told we can do the following with cameras at WDW as well.
Cloud Buster wrote:Apparently there are really HIDDEN "Hidden Cameras" backstage, in people's offices too. On the second floor of N-19 is the Parades & Show Support offices. A pretty normal looking office with a bunch of cubicles, and not a camera in sight. Apparently, however, a former lead was fired recently because of something he was caught doing / saying while at the Show 2 desk. We don't really know the details, but have been told they have him on video! I was told this in one of the carts, away from the building so that I'd know to watch myself when I was in there.
We have the hidden hidden ones in the gift shops too, and I don't mean for the guests.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:12 pm

tabacco wrote:And lastly, Fantasmic! GC stuff...

...lightsaber duels.

...'conducting' the show with our flashlights, especially along the seawall right in front of the show director :)

...trying to get tech services to wave back at us from the powerboats during setup.

...leading a group of APs in a sing-along.

...singing They Might Be Giants' "Particle Man" out on the island during island set-up as a group (probably a good 10 people singing)

...quarter pitching contest on the island during take-down between GC and tech services.

...princess-spinning contest on the island after the show (i.e. us GC people trying to see who could best simulate the move where prince charming picks up snow white and spins her around him). Quoth a lead, upon seeing a male and female CM taking a running start at each other: "Is there something going on here that I'm going to have to put a stop to?"
THAT'S WHAT I DO!!!! LOL :lol: I sing along, lip sync to the words, do the monkey dance!!! I even have the whole Fantasmic! Script on my computer!!!!

PrncssCinderAlly
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by PrncssCinderAlly » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:17 pm

well lets see.... durning regular mansion i call tower at least once a day to tell them something stupid i witnessed, usually while im at unload.

during holiday mansion we used to find the little red berries that fall off the decorations on the load belt and when it was slow, we'd take the sheets of stickers we use to tag buggies, fold them in half and put it at one end of the load belt then stand at load one platform and put the berry on the belt and hope it would go into the tunnel we made... aka "berry bowling"

At tower we call florida and ask funny questions or ill call friends at other attractions to see if they are at tower then send em the goofy message cuz its fun

.:~*A dream is a wish your heart makes*~:.

NO, you CANT unrinate in a waterbottle at front group before you ride this attraction...PLEASE LEAVE!!!

lovethefuzzies
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by lovethefuzzies » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:12 pm

A lot of times we have to count how many people visit characters. When I get bored I use the counter to count how many ugly outfits I see (it's usually the about the same number). People get counted twice if they have a mullet or wear spandex.

Cloud Buster
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Cloud Buster » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:45 pm

lovethefuzzies wrote:A lot of times we have to count how many people visit characters. When I get bored I use the counter to count how many ugly outfits I see (it's usually the about the same number). People get counted twice if they have a mullet or wear spandex.
ROFL!! :lol:

Karnever
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: JungleCuise,Tiki,Big Thunder Mountain,Indy,Splash, Mansion,Twain,Columbia,Pooh

Post by Karnever » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:31 pm

- At Thunder We use to play the map Grabbing game.... We would take a
map and put at the exit on a railing halfway leaning off and then take
bets around the station how many train loads it would take guest to
either grab the map or knock it over to the floor ... usually after two
dispatches a guest would grab it. it was quite funny watching guests look
at the map like they want to grab it but they are not sure....

- At indy when we use to have the stickers to give guests that were too
small we would roll up maps tightly and make them look like flags and
then use the stickers to stick them on the front left and right fenders of
the Green Transports and everytime they would come into the station we
would salute the Transports yelling "EL PRESIDENTE"....

- Jungle When we were bored we would play such great games as sink or
float by throwing items into the river taking bets if it would sink or float
(River Game also) or when a certain lead would be out in the Jungle like
he always is we would play try to find the lead and then just stop when
we found him hiding and just stare at him ... while he is giving you the
look of death....

and then at pooh there was the building of the fastpass Pyrimids

SweetAurora
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SweetAurora » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:30 am

Karnever wrote:and then at pooh there was the building of the fastpass Pyrimids
Hey "Karnever" ... haha. I'd love to know the origin of that name.

Yeah I've seen the "map grabbing game". Meanwhile, some of us on my
ride will call each other on the ride phones when we spot an above-
average ugly person and tell the person on the other end of the
phone, "Hey, look out for Vehicle #...your boyfriend/girlfriend is coming."
It's best when the people are REALLY fun to look at.

Sometimes late at night when no leads are around we'll get on the ride
microphones for the queue and ask the guests in line to wish an
unknowing cast member "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" when it's really NOT their
birthday ... this has gone as far as guests wishing me "congratulations for
being pregnant!!!!" ... Which I've NEVER been (see lack of sordid sexual
encounters at Disneyland in other post...bahaha).

~*I am youth! I am joy! I am a little chick bursting out of an egg!*~