I'm a cast member, not a dog!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: I'm a cast member, not a dog!

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:39 pm

tacoboy wrote:"Excuse me"

Thats simple enough to say isn't it? ...

Has anyone had this happen to them? Why do these people think that they own everything and make sure you know it?
I had a guest wanting his harness pulled tighter whistle at me, snaps his fingers and say "Hey". Being a diligent new hire, I went to him.

But before I reached him my lead touches my shoulder, looks at me and says "No, you are not a dog. They (the loaders ) will check his seat in a minute. If he wants something he can say excuse me.

So my lead and I stand five feet from him, trying to ignore the " Yoo-hoo's", whistles and more "Heys".

SGs forget that the employees are human and not servants. What happen to treat others the way you want to be treated? Oh that's right, amusement park employees aren't people, that's right, I forgot. My name tag and polyester drab makes me sub human somehow.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:05 am

You could have said "I'm Union and it's time for my break, find someone else to help you. Have a magical day!". ;)

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Or just bounded up to him with your "paws" held up, panting or barking, saying sarcastedly "yes, master, whaddaya want? whaddaya want?"

I don't think I'd last long as a CM... :rolleyes:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:20 pm

BRWombat wrote:Or just bounded up to him with your "paws" held up, panting or barking, saying sarcastedly "yes, master, whaddaya want? whaddaya want?"

I don't think I'd last long as a CM... :rolleyes:
Why not just pee on him? Or, if you find the person attractive, hump the leg :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:14 pm

ktulu wrote:Why not just pee on him? Or, if you find the person attractive, hump the leg :D:
Bad Ktulu! DOWN! :p:

I am almost as bad, one time I woofed when someone (not a patient)ordered me ( a bit rudely) to go get my co-worker.......when the guy looked at another co-worker in surprise, she said "I'm surprised she answered you at all" :D:
Amazingly, I did not get in trouble for that one: ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:54 am

leftcoaster wrote:True story:

A friend of mine and his dad were playing golf a few weeks ago. His dad was a US Marine during WW II. They were on one of the greens, when a four-some of (obvously) Japanese tourists were speaking Japanese. One of the group motioned, came over and ask in his best broken English: "Can you tel me where the 13th hole is?"

My friends dad replied, "You found Pearl Harbor, didn't you?"
Although it is a funny reply, in private, it is also rude and uneducated and such a classical example of over zealous "patriots" when directed at innocent people.

I'm pretty sure that none of the Japanese tourists flew any planes to Pearl Harbor anymore then the "friends dad" was directly involved with WWII.

I have visited Japan and found them to be polite, courteous and always helpful. Everyone should remember that we also were able to find Hiroshima and Nagasaki killing thousands more then the attack on Pearl Harbor was responsible for.

Ye who has not sinned, cast the first stone!

:goofy: :goofy:

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:24 pm

I agree; the Pearl Harbor quip wasn't funny, just rude. I'd have been terribly embarrassed to be near that guy.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:41 am

DisneyMom wrote:Bad Ktulu! DOWN! :p:
DM, just give ktulu a treat or 3. He will behave. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:46 am

And considering that after that war, Japan became a really valuable ally...

What was said on that golf green was hostility for hostility's sake.

Also, my guess would be that the Japanese person he was talking to probably wasn't there that day. So by his record, all Japanese people, including the ones not yet born, are responsible for the WWII Pacific Theater; peace-loving, American-dream-chasing Muslims are responsible for the extremists from another country; I am responsible for Apartheid in South Africa and slavery in this country. Further, I am responsible for the conduct of the Templars and many other Europeans who, in the name of race or creed have done horrible things. Taken to the extreme, since my blood is mostly German, then I have to take responsibility for the Nazis. For the 1/16th blood that comes from the Mescalero blood, I don't even know how much death and destruction of lives and families and tribes my ancestors are responsible for. According to this guy, that all comes down on my shoulders. F**k his mentality.

Anyone who makes a judgment on race is a complete moron. There is no way to compare a racist to anything on the planet, because it would be an insult to whatever you are comparing the racist to.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

tacoboy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tacoboy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:36 pm

Oh wow. I posted this was AGES ago! I just happened upon this place again and I'm amazed people are still talking about it!

Anyway, I'm back , I guess. I won't be returning to my home park this year. (I'll be working on BROADWAY!) And I want to do CP next year, so I figure there's no better time to come back then now!

"Do human beings realize life as they live it? Every... every minute?"

"No. Walt Disney, maybe, but that's about it."