The Dragon is Coming to the World

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: The Dragon is Coming to the World

Post by ktulu » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:49 am

Lasolimu wrote:I leave in just over 3 weeks, this is now coming up really fast! All of our dining reservations are set and fastpasses have all been selected. Magic bands should be delivered really soon too.
Let the fun begin! I'll be there next week for a conference. Due to rising costs to pass the main gate, I will not be entering parks. I do have dinners planned at various places to get away from the conference...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed May 03, 2017 10:59 am

I've been watching some previews of Pandora, and I kinda wish I could see it, unfortunately I fly home on the 23rd before it officially opens. I'll just have to hold out hope that there might be a soft opening that I can check out that's not one of the signup previews.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu May 04, 2017 2:38 pm

Lasolimu wrote:I've been watching some previews of Pandora, and I kinda wish I could see it, unfortunately I fly home on the 23rd before it officially opens. I'll just have to hold out hope that there might be a soft opening that I can check out that's not one of the signup previews.
Best approach is to wander up to the entrance where CMs are stationed to turn folks away, and ask if there would be a better time to just happen to be wandering by. This will often get you news of when a soft opening might occur. Good luck, I won't get to see it until at least August as the Park is blocked out until then.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu May 04, 2017 4:32 pm

Zazu wrote:
Best approach is to wander up to the entrance where CMs are stationed to turn folks away, and ask if there would be a better time to just happen to be wandering by. This will often get you news of when a soft opening might occur. Good luck, I won't get to see it until at least August as the Park is blocked out until then.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, I'm not going to go too far out of my way for it, but if I get the chance to see it I'll definitely take it. Fortunately, I'm planning another trip late April/early May next year, so worst case scenario I'll get to experience it then.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu May 25, 2017 10:43 am

Home from the trip now, I didn't notice any special SGTs, just the standard stuff. Also saw a bunch of 5th grade school groups everywhere we went. And I don't think I'll be returning to Universal Studios Orlando anytime soon, though the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium was delicious, it's not worth the hassle to go to. I also didn't get into any kind of Pandora preview, but since I know I'm making another trip next year I'll get to see it then. There was so much good food that I want to go eat again!

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:45 am

And now my Disney World vacation package for next year is set up. Normally I'd wait a few years before making the long trip out for WDW again, but my boyfriend was sad he wasn't able to join us on the trip this year so I figure I'll take him with me next year. We're going in mid April and think it will be an okay balance between crowds and climate. Only going for a week this time as we're not going to be leaving the property for all of the extra stuff my family did.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Well, with the news that The Great Movie Ride is closing next month to be replaced with the new Mickey ride, I'm even happier that I'm only planning a halfish day there in April. Toy Story Land isn't likely to be open by then, even for previews or soft opening and with the new closure I counted 10 things in the park we'd be interested in doing most of which are shows because that's mostly what it will be. I guess on the bright side, with so much closed it's likely to be a bit lighter on the crowds, so that might make it easier to get around.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:57 am

About 2 more months before I can book dining, but I think I'm ready to do it. The list currently includes:
  • 50's Prime Time Cafe for dinner
    Be Our Guest dinner
    Be Our Guest breakfast
    'Ohana dinner
    Trattoria al Forno for breakfast
    Yachtsman for dinner
    Boma for dinner
    Tusker House for breakfast
I know that Be Our Guest can be tough, especially for dinner, so I should probably come up with an alternate plan just in case I can't get a decent time. Mostly placed I've eaten before, but a couple of new places and differences. Never been to Trattoria al Forno or Tusker House before, and I've never done Be Our Guest for breakfast or 'Ohana for dinner, so I'll have things I know I'll enjoy, and get to try some new things on this trip.

Naturally, our Quick Service meals aren't set in stone and will mostly be played by ear, but I'd like to Satu'li Canteen for breakfast and/or dinner, I've actually called it out in my planning spreadsheet, but without reservations plans for those meals are much more flexible. There are other places I'd love to try, but with only a week and not wanting to spring for the top tier dining plan I had to make some hard decisions.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Ohana for dinner is awesome. I could put away so many skewers of the shrimp...

If you're going to be at Disney Springs, check out Morimoto's! It was awesome!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:23 pm

The only plans for Disney Springs right now is for a few hours before we fly home since time is so limited this time. But we do plan a quick service lunch while we're there so maybe we can do the Morimoto's quick service spot. Way too many good places to eat, but hey, it's incentive to visit again!