The Dragon is Coming to the World

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: The Dragon is Coming to the World

Post by ktulu » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:29 am

Lasolimu wrote:The only plans for Disney Springs right now is for a few hours before we fly home since time is so limited this time. But we do plan a quick service lunch while we're there so maybe we can do the Morimoto's quick service spot. Way too many good places to eat, but hey, it's incentive to visit again!
I went to a conference that was at one of the Bonnet Creek hotels, so my co-worker and I went to lunch and dinner at Disney Springs. We also hit Sanaa (soooo good, the bread service is worth the trip alone, get all the chutneys), and on our last full day the conference didn't have anything of interest after like noon, so we hit up MK.

Disney dining is so much better on the company dime ;)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:24 pm

The little booklet about my trip that has the important dates arrived a few days ago. Next step I can take is booking dining on October 15. Then I have to wait until February 12 to select fastpasses. So much waiting...it really is the worst part...

:Felix:

Well, I guess I could still book the airplane tickets, or plan ways to propose to my boyfriend...even though he totally expects me to do it on this trip so it probably wouldn't be a good surprise...

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:57 pm

For those in Florida, watch out for super hurricane Irma; and right behind are Jose and Katia. Jose may just miss the Eastern Seaboard; no clue where Katia's headed.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:29 am

Alright, all of my dining is booked, didn't have to fall back onto the backup locations, we got everything we wanted. I might have to try and make some adjustments later on as park schedules change however much they are going to change. Now to wait to book fastpasses and keep paying on the package. My boyfriend is expecting to get all of the money for his portion in December, he works for USPS and will likely be working 12 hour days all month, as well as in much of November and some of January. Plus he just got a pay raise so that will really help him too. He's expecting to pay off his car and pay my back for trips I've fronted the cost for.

I'm still thinking about proposing to him on this trip if I can overcome my anxiety about it. I've been thinking about ways to actually do it and have come up with a few ideas, some of which might not be possible because of characters, but would be fun. The cheesiest idea I've had was to wait until the end of Happily Ever After (we're already doing the dessert party garden viewing) and then turn to him and ask for my own Happily Ever After. It's cheesy, but I know he goes for that.

At this point, first things first, Disneyland and BlizzCon in about 2.5 weeks...

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:17 am

Lasolimu wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:29 am
I'm still thinking about proposing to him on this trip if I can overcome my anxiety about it. I've been thinking about ways to actually do it and have come up with a few ideas, some of which might not be possible because of characters, but would be fun.
You might want to contact Guest Relations and ask them about ways they can help. This could range from planting a ring on top of his desert to a private character greeting. Lots of options! (Also lots of expense for some of them, but perhaps you don't feel the need to rent out the Magic Kingdom for the night as some have done.)

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:08 pm

Zazu wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:17 am
You might want to contact Guest Relations and ask them about ways they can help. This could range from planting a ring on top of his desert to a private character greeting. Lots of options! (Also lots of expense for some of them, but perhaps you don't feel the need to rent out the Magic Kingdom for the night as some have done.)
Yeah, some of that kind of stuff would be great, just not looking to spend extra on something just for this. Although, there are some fun things that could potentially be set up. For instance, his favorite character is Eugene and it would be fun to encounter him having "stolen" the ring, getting it off of him, and then proposing. Although, whatever I would end up doing, I wouldn't want it to feel like a setup, even if it obviously is.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:13 am

Just over a month away from making my fastpass+ selections. I was already figuring that Hollywood Studios would be a half day park at best with only 4 rides, it looks like it could firmly be in that category for this upcoming trip; it depends on when Toy Story Mania is going to be fully closed with them moving the entrance to Toy Story Land. My understanding is that they have the third track closed right now, then the other 2 tracks will close in a few weeks with the whole thing down leading into the land opening, but they haven't released dates yet.

Oh well, need to start researching what attractions to get fastpasses for during the rest of the trip so I'm ready to go.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:54 am

I may have not thought some of my breakfast reservations through...2 of them are in parks before they open. According to Disney, the buses start operating 45 minutes before the parks open, which wouldn't work when you have an 8:05 AM ADR in a park set to open at 9:00 AM. However, everywhere else I look says that buses actually tend to start much earlier. I'm not sure what to believe... At least I can look to alternative transportation options that cost extra if I need to.

Have a Be Our Guest reservation at 8:05 AM, Magic Kingdom is currently scheduled to open at 9:00 AM that day.
Have a Tusker House reservation at 8:10 AM. Animal Kingdom is scheduled to open at 9:00 AM.
I have a reservation at Trattoria al Forno at 9:00 AM, Hollywood Studios and EPCOT are both scheduled to open at 9:00. I was planning on bussing it to Hollywood Studios then taking the boat, but I could also take the bus to Animal Kingdom since it's set with morning EMH and then change buses to the resort.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:56 am

Lasolimu wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:54 am
I may have not thought some of my breakfast reservations through...2 of them are in parks before they open.
Not a problem. Ask at your hotel when the "early breakfast" bus picks up there. This will transport you to the Park, and your name will be on a list that will grant your party early entry. Look for someone by a sign, or just ask -- do not just get into a turnstile line.

This is one of the nicest parts of such early breakfast bookings; the chance to walk through a nearly empty Park. Have your camera ready, as you won't need your crowd filter!

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:55 am

Zazu wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:56 am
Not a problem. Ask at your hotel when the "early breakfast" bus picks up there. This will transport you to the Park, and your name will be on a list that will grant your party early entry. Look for someone by a sign, or just ask -- do not just get into a turnstile line.

This is one of the nicest parts of such early breakfast bookings; the chance to walk through a nearly empty Park. Have your camera ready, as you won't need your crowd filter!
Thanks, I'll remember to ask the desk when I get there about that. I'll probably still have to take a roundabout path to the Boardwalk, but I have several thoughts about how to manage getting to that one.

The basically empty park is one of the reasons I wanted to do the early breakfasts in park, the other being getting there early and being ready to do some attractions with typically long lines before they get too bad. I would have done Garden Grill over Trattoria al Forno, but Eugene is my boyfriend's favorite character so that seemed to be the better option. I might even use the nearly empty park as a good opportunity to propose around Be Our Guest, which is the one restaurant he absolutely said he wanted to eat at.

I did recently notice that I messed up one of my Magic Kingdom days a little bit, but it's really not a big deal. I didn't notice that the hours have it closing at 6:00 PM on one of the days planned there, and I had anticipated Happily Ever After from 'Ohana with an ADR at 8:30 PM, but early close means no fireworks. Oh well, gotta roll with it because shifting 2 days worth of dining is going to be tough. I figure I'll just try to get 'Ohana earlier and then we can catch a bus to Disney Springs.