Any other HFE folks?

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
mattdbower
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Park: WDW
Department: Transportation
Position: Watercraft Operator

Any other HFE folks?

Post by mattdbower » Sun May 18, 2014 3:41 pm

Anyone else here work at a Herschend Family Entertainment property? I just got my first theme park job at Stone Mountain Park and was curious if I would be the sole HFE representative on SGT.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Any other HFE folks?

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun May 18, 2014 6:54 pm

Well, I don't know anyone who does. However, looking at the website for Stone Mountain, I am thinking that is a drive I am going to have to make to go see that. Looks beautiful!

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

mattdbower
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Park: WDW
Department: Transportation
Position: Watercraft Operator

Post by mattdbower » Mon May 19, 2014 8:19 am

Yeah, it is. I've had the pleasure of living within 10 minutes of it my whole life. I want to eventually work for Disney, so I thought it would be a good place to get some similar experience. The theme park aspect of it is tiny compared to Disney, but what it doesn't have in attractions, it makes up for in natural beauty. There are lots of great hiking trails and other free-of-charge (except parking) activities.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue May 20, 2014 1:06 am

Yup. Definitely going to have to make the trek. Do you realize how rarely I see mountains these days?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue May 20, 2014 5:17 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Do you realize how rarely I see mountains these days?
There are 4 of them within a 20 minute drive of your house! (actually 5 ... 6, if you count things that are named for mountains but aren't)

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Tue May 20, 2014 9:29 pm

Hey, I live like 10 minutes from Stone Mountain. In fact, my office is right in the shadow of it. It's a great park. Especially in the fall and spring. Among the other wonderful attractions, don't miss the carillon. It gets overlooked a lot.

Another great event is the Highland Games. They are held in October. And the "Tour of Southern Ghosts" is fun. They hold it over in the plantation area and have storytellers set up. You move around from story to story. It's loads of fun.