Attn: DLR/DCA Castmembers -- we have a (small) gift for you.

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Ianto Jones
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Attn: DLR/DCA Castmembers -- we have a (small) gift for

Post by Ianto Jones » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:39 am

(Thank you, to all who are replying, and for the warm welcome! I don't want to clog the thread with small responses, unless that is appropriate? I usually just read forums, not post! :-) )

TiggerHappy -- Yes, that was us!
I sincerely hope that we struck you as well-mannered, and polite? We honestly do try; I can't know if we manage to succeed?
(Not fishing - can handle constructive criticism just fine - we want to get things *right*, because we *do* care?)

We are "old enough to know better/too young to care", and as I had mentioned, both are a little bit young for our ages (also probably why we both talk too much, for which we appreciate you guys' patience and forbearance) ...

I'm sorry to hear your day was going roughly, and hope our own inquiries didn't add to that (I *do* remember meeting you! and you were incredibly sweet/kind to us, very gentle...) We really liked you!

But again, it is wonderful to hear that our little hearts did brighten your day, or lighten the load even a tiny bit, as that is *exactly* what they were intended to do!

I'm not trying to be hokey or corny, it just really is that simple - you, and so many others like you, have been so very kind to us, and generous with your time, and friendly towards us, and welcoming, and so very *patient* -- that we wanted to do something to make you feel the way that you have been making us feel. Warm, cared about, *special*.

It really *matters*, to us.

Gigi spent a good chunk of her awake time in January, hours and days, sitting in bed, going through all of her fabric, finding the right bits, happiest colours and patterns, all different sizes, and making the little hearts. They really were made with love.
Service pup -- "helped" ;-)

(And I just thought of this - please don't anyone fret about any health or safety issues: the hearts are not dangerous in any way! we are neither of us that kind of ill -- Multiple Sclerosis is very debilitating, but not contagious, nor is my Post-Polio -- only worry is any dog allergies, and as these are being hand-delivered with service pup in tow, that risk is at least publicized? And he *is* a Poodle mix, so a lot less shedding than most ... The cloth was all freshly laundered with hypo-allergenic soap, though one small batch did have some Elmer's glue as an experiment to see if making them stiff was better than soft... .)

I am sorry for rambling. How did Mr. Samuel Clemens put it once? Something about 'my apologies for the length of this letter; I didn't have time to write a shorter one?"

Thanks, again. ::blush:: I really don't know how to - speak, well?, y'know? Clumsy, awkward, inappropriate, etc.
But literal and sincere.

Hope to meet any or all of you. Handed out a few more handsful on the Monorail yesterday...
G'night...

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:46 am

Oh no, it's fine! I'm more than happy to answer questions that don't involve the bathroom. :lol: You are definitely more well-mannered than most Guests I've come across.

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:06 pm

I got one!

You passed myself and another CM during you stay and gave us both the cloth valentines. I thought is was
wonderful. I think something like that has happened only one other time in fifteen years!

Yes it did brighten the day for both of us, and thanks!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:50 pm

right, and I will give one of my rats to a CM that likes pets.
just walk up to one and hand it to them.
SECURITY!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:19 am

drcorey wrote:I will give one of my rats to a CM that likes pets.
I like pets, and I even like rats; had one for a long time.

But please don't give me a rat now. One of my cats has discovered that they're filled with catfud!