I'm moving to Minnesota very soon.

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: I'm moving to Minnesota very soon.

Post by Darksin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:19 am

Word of Advice,

If you've been down south long enough, don't believe that crap they say about "Your blood will thicken up in a few years"!
I've been banished up north (Pennsylvania) for nearly 7 years after nearly 25 years having spent most of my life in Orlando... and I STILL think anything below 65 is damn cold!

It's a Myth!

I'd also suggest stocking up on Flannel Sheets and at least one small space heater (for the bathroom).

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:48 am

I've lived in Utah my whole life and I still hate the cold. It finally got above freezing this weekend for the first time in almost 3 weeks. I know I'm supposed to be tough, but I don't want to be anymore. People say they love the different seasons, but I say I only need 1, summer. You learn to deal with it, but you don't have to like it. That's life I guess.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:57 am

Good luck on the move! We were hoping to see you on our last trip, but we were too busy :/ How busy are you going to be right before you leave?

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:43 am

hobie16 wrote:Two words, black ice.
One word, yikes.
Darksin wrote:Word of Advice,
I'd also suggest stocking up on Flannel Sheets and at least one small space heater (for the bathroom).
Good idea, especially on the space heater. I'll see what I can do.
YANXWIN wrote:I've lived in Utah my whole life and I still hate the cold. It finally got above freezing this weekend for the first time in almost 3 weeks. I know I'm supposed to be tough, but I don't want to be anymore. People say they love the different seasons, but I say I only need 1, summer. You learn to deal with it, but you don't have to like it. That's life I guess.
My dad says he loves the different seasons and doesn't mind the cold so much but then again he is a damn Yankee. I've lived in Florida my entire life pretty much so I don't know true cold.
ktulu wrote:Good luck on the move! We were hoping to see you on our last trip, but we were too busy :/ How busy are you going to be right before you leave?
Thanks! I'm busy but I'm hoping to have some spare time. BW did mention the other day that you (IIRC it was you) were coming into town and asked if I had time to go with him to the airport to pick you up. I told him I had to check. I'll try to make it.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:08 pm

YANXWIN wrote:I've lived in Utah my whole life and I still hate the cold. It finally got above freezing this weekend for the first time in almost 3 weeks. I know I'm supposed to be tough, but I don't want to be anymore. People say they love the different seasons, but I say I only need 1, summer. You learn to deal with it, but you don't have to like it. That's life I guess.
Come to Maui brah.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:27 pm

I'm the same way (I don't like cold weather at all- it's one of the reasons why I left NJ)

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:28 pm

ktulu wrote:How busy are you going to be right before you leave?
You dare to WDW again?? Really???? No bueno sir!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:28 am

Main Streeter wrote:You dare to WDW again?? Really???? No bueno sir!
Work trip, low chance of setting foot on Disney property. I will be very near large aquatic mammals though...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:19 pm

ktulu wrote:I will be very near large aquatic mammals though...
So was your last "work" trip which involved a night in The Gas Lamp District near a ....... club. Nvrmd ;) :D:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:39 am

ktulu wrote:Work trip, low chance of setting foot on Disney property. I will be very near large aquatic mammals though...
Those old ladies always hog the Hotel Jacuzzi...... :p:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: