I'm moving to Minnesota very soon.

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

I'm moving to Minnesota very soon.

Post by Shorty82 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:51 pm

As some of you already know, due to personal circumstances I can no longer stay in Central Florida and so I am moving in with my dad who lives in Minnesota. He flies in on the 5th and we leave here in my car on the 6th. So in a few weeks I'll be freezing my butt off in Minnesota. I'm a Florida boy, born and raised, and I hate the cold so I'll definitely not be enjoying the weather up there.

So, if there's any SGTers in the Twin Cities area, specifically Minneapolis, maybe we can have a meet sometime after I'm settled in. I've never been there and I think this move will be good for me so overall I'm looking forward to it. I'll miss Florida but I'll come back to visit occasionally.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Re: I'm moving to Minnesota very soon.

Post by delsdad » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:10 am

Shorty82 wrote:As some of you already know, due to personal circumstances I can no longer stay in Central Florida and so I am moving in with my dad who lives in Minnesota. He flies in on the 5th and we leave here in my car on the 6th. So in a few weeks I'll be freezing my butt off in Minnesota. I'm a Florida boy, born and raised, and I hate the cold so I'll definitely not be enjoying the weather up there.

So, if there's any SGTers in the Twin Cities area, specifically Minneapolis, maybe we can have a meet sometime after I'm settled in. I've never been there and I think this move will be good for me so overall I'm looking forward to it. I'll miss Florida but I'll come back to visit occasionally.
Summers in Minnesota are fantastic! Time to take up fishing, if you don't do so already.
The Mall Of America will give you an amusement park fix. Camp snoopy is right in the mall.

You will be close to many Caribou Coffee outlets, which beats Starbucks hands down.

And the best hardware store on the planet, Seven Corners Ace Hardware in St Paul. Spend hours prowling the aisles http://www.7corners.com/

Good Luck on the move !

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:48 pm

delsdad wrote:Summers in Minnesota are fantastic! Time to take up fishing, if you don't do so already.
The Mall Of America will give you an amusement park fix. Camp snoopy is right in the mall.

You will be close to many Caribou Coffee outlets, which beats Starbucks hands down.

And the best hardware store on the planet, Seven Corners Ace Hardware in St Paul. Spend hours prowling the aisles http://www.7corners.com/

Good Luck on the move !
I plan to check out Camp Snoopy sometime. I'll definitely be visiting MOA shortly after arriving. Ever since seeing the Mall Cops reality series which was filmed there I've wanted to see it.

I'm not a coffee drinker but my dad is and he loves Starbucks, I wonder if he's ever been to a Caribou Coffee.

Thanks!

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:29 pm

(fairly close)
"Moving to Montana soon,gonna be a dental-floss tycoon."
I feel for you shorty,,had some freezin days here,,,and this is Arizona. :(

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:30 pm

I'm sorry you have to leave :(

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:33 pm

darph nader wrote:(fairly close)
"Moving to Montana soon,gonna be a dental-floss tycoon."
I feel for you shorty,,had some freezin days here,,,and this is Arizona. :(
How's your pigmy pony doing?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

dvonholdt
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by dvonholdt » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:09 pm

We got 3 inches of snow and some freezing rain today. How are you driving skills on slippery roads? Will have to get together sometime.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 am

Shorty82 wrote:As some of you already know, due to personal circumstances I can no longer stay in Central Florida and so I am moving in with my dad who lives in Minnesota. He flies in on the 5th and we leave here in my car on the 6th. So in a few weeks I'll be freezing my butt off in Minnesota. I'm a Florida boy, born and raised, and I hate the cold so I'll definitely not be enjoying the weather up there.

Boy, it's tough to uproot your life, and this is a really tough time of year to move to a cold climate you're not used to. Get some lightweight silk or thermal layers and make sure you keep your core warm.

I'm sorry to hear you have to make these changes, but I'm willing to bet you'll come out on top!

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:59 am

dvonholdt wrote:We got 3 inches of snow and some freezing rain today. How are you driving skills on slippery roads? Will have to get together sometime.
I've never driven on any road slipperier than slick with rain so I will have to learn and be VERY careful.
WEDFan wrote:Boy, it's tough to uproot your life, and this is a really tough time of year to move to a cold climate you're not used to. Get some lightweight silk or thermal layers and make sure you keep your core warm.

I'm sorry to hear you have to make these changes, but I'm willing to bet you'll come out on top!
My dad ordered me a proper coat, good gloves and a cap from Lands End which will hopefully arrive any day now. I already had a few thermal shirts and one or two pairs of leggings and the other day I was at Target and they had thermals on clearance so I bought another shirt and two pairs of leggings. I think in the end this change will be good for me.

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 am

Two words, black ice.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.