Carsland Ahoy!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Carsland Ahoy!

Post by Buggy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:12 am

I will be visiting scenic Radiator Springs a week from Monday, coming fresh from a Steampunk Convention in Long Beach. I kinda look like this: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1027 ... 2857617729

Feel free to say "hi," or call me "Buggy" and watch me be all confused since nobody calls me that outside of the Internet. (If you call me Mike you'll have better, but less amusing, results).

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Carsland Ahoy!

Post by felinefan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:46 pm

I always wondered if you looked anything like your avatar. Do you always dress to the nines like that, or was it a special event?

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Don't forget to post pictures or it didn't happen. :pics:

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:11 pm

I have less hair and more grey in my goatee than my avatar. Also my eyes are the same size. :)

That picture is from last year's convention.

Pics will happen; oh, pics will happen.

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:38 am

Alas, or perhaps, "hooray," I saw no especially stupid guest tricks. One guy decided that he and his son needed to be in a different seat than what was assigned by the CM, but nothing story-worthy.

Carsland was great and I was impressed with the animatronics in the racers ride. When are they going to change the name of the park to Disney's Pixar Adventure anyway? It seems to have less and less to do about California.

My real shock came when I saw a CM with a full beard. That was unexpected. It means that I can't point at my face anymore when people ask if I work there. I may have to get a piercing or visible tattoo or something.

Regardless, it was great, the CMs were nice and friendly as always.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Yeah, Disney started allowing beards about a year or so ago. Some of my coworkers were unrecognizable for a while.