What's up with the fireworks?

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
MaliboomerMike
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

What's up with the fireworks?

Post by MaliboomerMike » Wed May 26, 2004 4:22 pm

Folks, you might want to check-out the Disneyland Resort webpage's online schedule for next weekend.
As you can see, it lists "New Fireworks Show (Name TBD)" with a showing at 21:25. Does anyone know what's up with this? I couldn’t find any info on this on the Portal or in the Line, and it lists Believe as showing for this coming weekend
I doubt that this is the new fireworks show for the 50th. As there would be no marketability for a show they are starting this soon for the 50th… they can't come around next year and label it as a ‘new thing' if it's been going for a year. And also, the head of cast activities said last week during the live broadcast of the 50th announcement on Cast TV that there would be cast member previews for the new 50th show and there obviously haven't.
We'll just have to see what happens next weekend, maybe there will be something in the Line this Friday. It just seems weird to me… I would have thought they would have marketed this if it were a change… although maybe it’s just a glitch, they meant to put in the starting date of 2005, but put 2004? We’ll see I guess...

Later,
Mike

DCA Paradise Pier Attractions CM
July 2003-Who Knows When

hulkcoaster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by hulkcoaster » Wed May 26, 2004 11:22 pm

It's also rumored that the new 50th show will look similar to Believe so they are putting in a new show so people don't see the similarities.

MaliboomerMike
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by MaliboomerMike » Thu May 27, 2004 12:41 pm

Yeah I guess that all makes sense Polar and Hulk... I just checked the site again, and the new show has a name... ' "Disney's Imagine...A Fantasy in the Sky" Fireworks '. Thought I'd let y'all know.

Later,
Mike

DCA Paradise Pier Attractions CM
July 2003-Who Knows When

NomadAtTWDC
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by NomadAtTWDC » Sat May 29, 2004 5:50 am

Working title heard - "Remember...that show that used to be Believe? Okay, it's like that but has a little Wishes thrown in"

{nOmad}

hulkcoaster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by hulkcoaster » Mon May 31, 2004 3:15 pm

Now http://www.Miceage.com has a story saying that the only resaon for the end of Beleive was the Air Quality people. Maybe if Disney got better trams that don't look like they are one man smoke factories they would have "points" for the fireworks.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:18 pm

Anyone still know if Tinkerbell will still fly across the castle?? IT is my favorit part!!!

Cloud Buster
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Cloud Buster » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:55 am

I'm pretty sure that Tink will still be flying....at least she seems to think so, as does the rest of the "Tink" crew