A black princess? It's about frickin' time.

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: A black princess? It's about frickin' time.

Post by joanna71985 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:41 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:Ah Lilo. I've been "friends" with Lilo before, she is quite the little pudge. We always had to get onto one girl about where she placed her hands, because she used to rest them on her belly, further adding to the illusion that Lilo was pregnant!
Ha! That's too funny. :D:

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:22 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:Ah Lilo. I've been "friends" with Lilo before, she is quite the little pudge. We always had to get onto one girl about where she placed her hands, because she used to rest them on her belly, further adding to the illusion that Lilo was pregnant!
Sarah Magdalene wrote:Well, she's only 6 years old - baby fat is allowed at that age. ;)

But I do agree that little belly of hers is quite a pooch! She's a friend of mine too.
Big problem is the number of morbidly obese people in Hawaii. The locals don't eat until they're full, they eat until they're tired.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:38 pm

hobie16 wrote:Big problem is the number of morbidly obese people in Hawaii. The locals don't eat until they're full, they eat until they're tired.
And the result is best shown in the short life of Israel Kamakawewo'ole (when I first heard of him I practiced for hours to learn to pronounce that name, but now that I got it right I will never forget it). The young man with a beautiful voice but was as tall laying down as standing up. He deserved much more fame and fortune if he could have just kept his weight to just large.

Randy

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:56 pm

I couldn't help but notice Lilo's sister's feet and lower legs look more like a guy's than a woman's. And they way they draw the noses--doesn't look natural. I know a Polynesian nose is basically a large sized pug, but they make it look closer to a pig's nose. Not flattering.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:11 pm

But wasn't that part of the sub-plot, that Lilo wasn't "fitting" in? The Hula lessons and so forth? Thats why she liked Stitch is that he also didn't really "fit" in?

OR

it made a good cartoon!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:56 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:But wasn't that part of the sub-plot, that Lilo wasn't "fitting" in? The Hula lessons and so forth? Thats why she liked Stitch is that he also didn't really "fit" in?

OR

it made a good cartoon!!
That's why I enjoy Lilo and Stitch so much... I like Lilo's innocence of her
peculiarities as well as Stitch's regarding his "Badness Level". In the end, all of these flawed characters come together to make thier own Happy Ohana.
Awwwwwww, now I'm all emo again! :o:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:20 pm

DisneyMom wrote:That's why I enjoy Lilo and Stitch so much... I like Lilo's innocence of her
peculiarities as well as Stitch's regarding his "Badness Level". In the end, all of these flawed characters come together to make thier own Happy Ohana.
Awwwwwww, now I'm all emo again! :o:
That, and I liked that he could pretty much get out of anything..AND he made a pretty good Elvis!

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:32 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:That, and I liked that he could pretty much get out of anything..AND he made a pretty good Elvis!
Thank You.....Thank you very much! :p:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:43 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Thank You.....Thank you very much! :p:
I also forgot...he could play a record without need of a needle or speaker!!

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:17 pm

Randy B wrote:And the result is best shown in the short life of Israel Kamakawewo'ole (when I first heard of him I practiced for hours to learn to pronounce that name, but now that I got it right I will never forget it). The young man with a beautiful voice but was as tall laying down as standing up. He deserved much more fame and fortune if he could have just kept his weight to just large.

Randy
IZ!! What a wonderful voice he had. Here's a link to one of his videos of him singing Over the Rainbow, with beautiful images of him and the islands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr-alr7P_qk