I have an idea.

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

I have an idea.

Post by lady ulrike » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:51 am

Actually I've had this idea for a long time, just wasn't sure how to get in touch with enough people, finally yesterday I was able to put the idea and this board together.

I've always thought it would be great to go to Disneyland with a huge group, like 40ish people, and take over rides. I know that Star Tours seats exactly 40, so we would have a cabin to ourselves, I've also been told that we could get a jungle boat to ourselves with 40. Also, as just about anyone in attractions knows you always get people who have like 4 in their group and think it's funny to say they have like 25 or something (and they all think they're the first to say that) Anyway, I thought it'd be entertaining to torment our fellow CMs a bit by telling them 40, and having them not believe us. Also if we got a jungle boat to ourselves and a skipper who's willing we could have a much more interesting spiel. :twisted: And a good portion of the dark rides, we'd literally take over, the first person would get off, before the last one got on.

I figured October would probably be the best time of year to do it. Not crowded, not hot, most of us don't work as much. Schedule it during the week. Yeah, it'd still be hard to manuever and keep us all together, but it might be part of the fun. We could all wear an SGT button or something.

So, does anyone else think this sounds like fun? To get the number we only need 10 CMs with 3 guests each. Of course if there's any of our friendly APs that would like to join, that would be fine too, of course.

pnutshuman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: I have an idea.

Post by pnutshuman » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:36 pm

we will have rejoined(AP) by then, of course we will have a 2.5 yr old and a newborn, but can either arrange for childcare that day or bring mom in law with(she doesnt do any fast rides and can watch kids while we do them) might have to bring the baby since ill be breastfeeding(she will be born end of august) hubby might be out of town in oct, but im game!! i could leave max with a grandparent, bring the baby and mom in law and we could maybe arrange a time to meet at certain rides or something. sounds like fun!! especially if we get a SGT skipper on jungle!! im off work thru end of oct so any day is good for me(i love maternity leave)
{:

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:00 pm

Sounds like fun. I have class till 12 on weekdays though. Fridays however are open.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

iusedtobeacm
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by iusedtobeacm » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:21 pm

i could go for that i'm a former cast member and me and my girlfriend are now AP's.

CM:What country are you from? Guest:What? CM:What ain't no country I ever heard of do they speak english in What? Guest:What? CM:English Mother F**ker do you speak it?
I wish i could've said that to guest that would've been great.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:47 pm

I love it!

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:54 pm

lady ulrike wrote:I've always thought it would be great to go to Disneyland with a huge group, like 40ish people, and take over rides. I know that Star Tours seats exactly 40, so we would have a cabin to ourselves, I've also been told that we could get a jungle boat to ourselves with 40. Also, as just about anyone in attractions knows you always get people who have like 4 in their group and think it's funny to say they have like 25 or something (and they all think they're the first to say that). Anyway, I thought it'd be entertaining to torment our fellow CMs a bit by telling them 40, and having them not believe us.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Every December, a group that started with the regulars on RADP (that's [url]news://rec.arts.disney.parks[/url]) gather at WDW. We spend four days visiting the parks en mass. You are correct in thinking it's outrageous fun!

A couple of years back I was chosen to be first in our group at Splash Mountain:

"How many in your group?"
"42"
"Yeah, right. How many, really?"
<speaks into radio>"Randy, wave your hands."
<to SM host>"All the way back to him."

"urk!"

Also if we got a jungle boat to ourselves and a skipper who's willing we could have a much more interesting spiel. :twisted:
Did that, too. One of our group is a Jungle Skipper at Disneyland, and we convinced our native guide to surrender the boat as soon as we rounded the first bend.

It was a bit surreal for all of us, as our substitute skipper had never before been on the WDW jungle! (She was still better than some of the regulars.)

And a good portion of the dark rides, we'd literally take over, the first person would get off, before the last one got on.
Yup. We also did a TTA Marathon one year, taking over a 5-car train for nearly an entire day. We kept score on a whiteboard as folks would get on and off for breaks and meals. The winner did 37 loops!

I understand the TTA cast thought "loopy" was the right term, too.

So, does anyone else think this sounds like fun?
Almost enough fun to drive out and join you!

Details and photos from last year's WDW event are online at RADP-9. This year it's December 2-6. Come on down, and tell 'em, "Zazu sent me."

Zazu

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:23 pm

Thats an awesome idea! I'd be willing to participate (as long as I'm allowed to).

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:17 am

pnutshuman wrote: especially if we get a SGT skipper on jungle!!
GMC!! GMC!! LOL, he works Jungle Cruise!!

It sounds fun, let me know when we are able to go!! I would love to see how it turns out!! "How many in your group?" "40!!!!"

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:45 am

Well, I got a much bigger reaction and much quicker than I thought I would. Alright, now I just have to figure out how to organize it. Also, would any/all of the CMs going be willing to use their sign ins for anyone? It'll probably mostly be for people on the board, but if others have lots of friends that can go then maybe we can use it for them.

Now, off to check the rehab schedule and see if they have mansion on there yet. I'm thinking about waiting for holiday to come up and then use a fastpass there, I think we'd fill their entire fastpass queue. :)

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:21 pm

October it would have to be then. Yeah if its a friday I'll gladly sign people in. If not I'd love to meet up with the group of 40. Mansion is usually down the Tuesday after labor day through the frist friday in october.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.