Magic Music Days

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Magic Music Days

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:10 pm

Is anyone here involved with the Magic Music Days? I will be doing that this year with my school orchestra sometime from April 7 to April 12 I am not sure what day. I think that would be very interesting to be "performing" with one of you in the studio. This will be my second time doing this (I was there two years ago about the same time) and I know that it is a lot of fun for the guests.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

DisneylandIs101
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Magic Music Days

Post by DisneylandIs101 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:55 am

Congrats, Lasolimu.

I'm not a part of MMD, but have seen most of the process that you go through. My high school band was turned down for MMD (though, in truth, we were pretty bad), but I love the program. For your part, you get to see a little of the backstage are, but not enough to spoil the magic for you (you'd be surprised how much things change when we know a school group is in the area and can see what we're doing -- for me, it was hiding cigarettes, but for others, who knows?).

And, while you're right that guests really enjoy the guest groups, CMs do too. When working Cappo (the cappuccino cart on Main Street by Carnation Plaza), there isn't much better than having a really good guest group playing for you that you haven't heard 1,000 times before.

If I have offended, I apologize from the bottom of my admittedly hypothetical heart.

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:53 pm

Never did Magic Music Days. But my marching band did do Comunity Showcase. (Basically the same thing perform in the park but its free). Have fun though.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

Anim8EdCox
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Anim8EdCox » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:50 pm

I just had the pleasure of taking a group from my school's chorus to WDW for MMD. Once there it was a dream. However...what led up to the trip was a t-total nightmare!

In brief, the woman from school in charge booked through Magic Adventures, or something like that. I'm not sure that they are an official part of the Disney company, and I hope if they are that something like what I am about to describe never happens to anyone else using them! I don't want to offend anyone here who might ba a part of this business or organisation... but she was constantly being battered back and forth between people who knew what was going on and who didn't. The "didn't" nearly won! At first everything was arranged and booked and all was well with the world. Then when she called with a few questions, it seems that they weren't on the books! On top of all of that she was catching a woman she was talking to at Magic Adventures in lie after lie and was totally treated rudely. She received emails stating taht the company did not beleive that the woman handling the booking was rude and that she is a top employee for them. Now keep in mind that the money was already sent and well in their offices by this time. After a few days of frantic phone calls, the money was suddenly found...but then she was told that the group could not get the package originally agreed to and prepared for. A few more days went by and she was then told that a new package could be put together for the kids but that the official MMD package could not be offered abd that a whole new package needed to be put together for the group. At a cost of $200.00 more per child! Then while on porperty the directions to locations and events they were to be at were so incomprehensible that they didn't even go to most of them including the brunch over at Fantasia Gardens.

There's more, but I prefer not to go into it all. Suffice it to say that the kids did indeed get down to WDW and had a marvelous time which included a 2 hour session with an accompianist and vocal coach/director. They were taught vocal blending, harmonics and dynamics using a medly from "Hunchback". Mickey even made an appearance at the end which truly made the whole situation truly magical. And getting to run around WDW with my kids and showing them the sights was an incredible experience that, to me, proves that Disney Magic will indeed shine through anything.

Below is a shot of myself with the kids on Main Street.
Attachments
WDW2005ERCKidsMainStreet.gif
WDW2005ERCKidsMainStreet.gif (16.83 KiB) Viewed 3520 times

[font=Garamond]Yes. "The Magic" does exist. Even when it's difficult, it's up to all of us.[/font] :bouncemic

Anim8EdCox
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Anim8EdCox » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:33 pm

I now know to use jpgs and the previous one was a gif. didn't take. Hopefully this one will. :D:
Attachments
MKMainStreetKateKidsERC.jpg
MKMainStreetKateKidsERC.jpg (19.65 KiB) Viewed 3530 times

[font=Garamond]Yes. "The Magic" does exist. Even when it's difficult, it's up to all of us.[/font] :bouncemic

MEng85
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: INDY!!!!!! just moved to fullerton...bye bye Frisco

Post by MEng85 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:42 pm

yup it works :D:

though a bit small..... :o:

YES!!!!! im incorrigible...anymore questions????

Anim8EdCox
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Anim8EdCox » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:12 am

Yeah, it is tiny isn't it? :( I'm trying to learn the system here and the sizes allowed to upload. I learnt last night that gifs are a problem right no, then switched to jpgs and tried to keep the images tiny so they would be allowed. Right now it says "File Too Large. Limit for this filetype is 97.7 KB." I'm kinda used to systems saying that your image also has to be within, say, 250X250 to be accepted. Let's try this size of the image and see if it's any better. :)
Attachments
MKMainStreetKateKidsERC.jpg
MKMainStreetKateKidsERC.jpg (80.44 KiB) Viewed 3530 times

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:07 pm

It is official I will be there on the 11th of April for MMD and the 9th for anything we get park hopper passes for these two days so I believe that a California Screamin' power ride is in order for Monday as well as at least two games of Dance Dance Revolution if it is up and running plus anything I don't get to Saturday (which will probably be a lot). I look forward to this trip and can't wait to head down.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1