April 9th ! Official Opening of Space Mountain Mission 2 ! (Disneyland Paris)

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
msep003
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

April 9th ! Official Opening of Space Mountain Mission 2 !

Post by msep003 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:10 pm

When this ride will be reopen as a new mission i'm sure a lot of guests will ask to the CM if the ride is faster or longer or the Same Track Design .

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: April 9th ! Official Opening of Space Mountain Mission 2 ! (Disneyland Paris)

Post by IndyandMarion » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:22 pm

*Turns head from Lights, Motors, Action! video tape*

Yeah, the new website for it (www.spacemountainmission2.com or something like that). Should be pretty good from the log they have on there about the meteor knocking the ship of course and all...

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: April 9th ! Official Opening of Space Mountain Mission 2 ! (Disneyland Paris)

Post by CujoSR » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:48 pm

Link not working bro.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:54 pm

And why the HELL is paris geeting that when were in the middle of rebuilding ours!"Please sir may I have another?"

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:22 pm

CujoSR wrote:And why the HELL is paris geeting that when were in the middle of rebuilding ours!"Please sir may I have another?"
Interesting. I'm kind of suprised this hasn't gotten out yet. Last week, I was at Casting with my wife. While waiting for her, I watched Matt Ouimet's State of the Resort presentation, and it was announced that Space Mountain will be reopening in July, I believe on the fifth...

iusedtobeacm
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by iusedtobeacm » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:16 am

the guys in paris and hong kong are lucky their space mountain have loops in them, i was working at disneyland when they closed down space for the rehab and i remeber everyone speculating that it would have a loop in it, im sort of dissapointed that all they added was some new lighting and sound effects, imagine if it would have a loop that would be crazy, i would love it, now i have to go over seas just to ride space mountain with a loop in it.

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:46 am

July 15th, 2 days before the official 50th. I was on Fantasmic and some guest asked the line of yellow in front of C-Tower "Hey when is Space Mountain Opening" We all excitedly told her "July 15th!" and she said "Not even for May that's stupid". We were in shock cause we've been saying November since January.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

SONiC Senshi
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by SONiC Senshi » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:37 pm

iusedtobeacm wrote:the guys in paris and hong kong are lucky their space mountain have loops in them.

Actually only Space Mountain: De la terre à la Lune/Mission 2 at Disneyland Paris is the only one with inversions, two to be exact (1 Sidewinder and 1 Corkscrew) and an overbanked turn offen mistaken/confused as an inversion. Space Mountain at Hong Kong Disneyland and the new Space Mountain at Disneyland feature the exact same layout and effects. Th only thing I can think of is the Rocket Sleds have different color schemes and SM HKDL has Golden Spires.

Ottar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ottar » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:14 am

Well, the reports from the opening of SM2 ar ein and most people I've spoken with think the rehab was well worth the wait except the ride is still very rough; the new suspension system everyone was hoping for was not in place. The new effects, however, were nothing short of spectacular.
I can't wqait to get there and see it for myself! :D :D :D

In Walt's days, quality and capacity did not compete.

Jumboshrmp
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Jumboshrmp » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:32 pm

SONiC Senshi wrote:Actually only Space Mountain: De la terre à la Lune/Mission 2 at Disneyland Paris is the only one with inversions, two to be exact (1 Sidewinder and 1 Corkscrew) and an overbanked turn offen mistaken/confused as an inversion. Space Mountain at Hong Kong Disneyland and the new Space Mountain at Disneyland feature the exact same layout and effects. Th only thing I can think of is the Rocket Sleds have different color schemes and SM HKDL has Golden Spires.
The effects in hong kong are slightly differennt than the effects in Disneyland. There is no countdown before the music gets faster. The brake tunnel at the end is different, and IMO, cooler. Theres a video with the lights on somewhere
themeparkreview.com I think