Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Post by felinefan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Be safe and have a great holiday season, and see you in 2019!

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Post by ktulu » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:13 am

Merry Christmas!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:29 pm

I'm currently at the Orange County Research Center for a medical research study, from the 2nd to the 13th of January. Great food, better TV, wifi, a real bed, showers that work like they're supposed to, with no time limits...but I digress. Oh, not to mention peace and quiet. And I'm getting $3025 after the end of it. Wish I could do a few more of these high-paying studies--they're closing the Courtyards (shelter where I live) in October, moving us to a new facility. The former bus depot will be torn down to make a parking structure for the event center that's being built across the street. I wish I had my own place.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:56 pm

So, how was everybody's Christmas and New Year's? Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:03 am

felinefan wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:56 pm
So, how was everybody's Christmas and New Year's? Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:
Ours were a bit surreal. We spent them aboard a cruise ship off the coast of South Africa. :cruise:

The food was worse than normal, the champagne and caviar more available, and the loud entertainment louder and more obnoxious.

Other than that, and bad weather that caused us to skip two countries (out of three), we had a great cruise.

The week in Cape Town was less enjoyable due to bad planning and a travel service that either no-showed or took us to the wrong places. We are having words!

On the plus side, we had zero grief from our families! :thumbsup:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:06 pm

felinefan wrote:
I haven't been this cold in fifteen years.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:23 pm

felinefan wrote:
Did Christmas Eve with my fiancee's family and it was great, his parents gave us a 2 piece luggage set in preparation for our honeymoon. Then we did Christmas with my family and my parents gave us money for the standard dolphin swim package at Discovery Cove that we're doing as part of our honeymoon. Christmas actually works out really well for us because his family has always focused on Christmas Eve and mine does Christmas Day.

We were invited to a couple of New Years parties, but decided to just stay in and watch youtube videos.

Now we're just under 4 months out from the wedding, really getting into crunch time. We mostly just need to get our guest list done...

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:13 pm

felinefan wrote:
December was a bit... challenging. We got through our usual array of church and Vocal Majority performances just before Christmas. Then I came down with the flu on Christmas Eve, which eventually turned into bronchitis and borderline pneumonia. I'm only now feeling back to normal again. My wife then caught the flu from me. And in the midst of this, our older, newly married son had major surgery to remove a baseball-sized pre-cancerous tumor from his pancreas and basically re-plumb his digestive system. There were many good parts to the holidays, and we have a close, loving family, but we'd rather not relive those few weeks if we have a choice!