A Stupid Parent trick ?

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

A Stupid Parent trick ?

Post by delsdad » Wed May 20, 2015 3:13 pm

I was at the local zoo on this past holiday Monday., with my wife and 12 year old daughter. While in one of the pavilions each of us looking at the various aquariums, I was approached by a woman who appeared to be part of a larger extended family group , with a couple of 4-5 year olds. The woman said she was trying to teach her daughter about "Stranger Danger". she asked me to go unto the child and speak to her and touch her shoulder . I was appalled. This could have gone badly so many different ways! The child might have screamed, been traumatized, and created a fuss that would bring security and well meaning bystanders to apprehend the "stranger" - Me, It could have traumatized the child. I could have ended up spending the day explaining myself to the police. the list goes on. Needless to say, I said no way!
Is this some new strategy to childproof kids ? set them up with a "safe looking" stranger to approach them and test the reaction? It felt like some sort of attempt at entrapment. Or have I missed a new trend in childproofing?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: A Stupid Parent trick ?

Post by felinefan » Wed May 20, 2015 3:52 pm

Personally, I smell a set-up.
In my day, we watched movies in the classroom about stranger danger and other safety concerns--including Jiminy Cricket's "I'm No Fool" series.
You were wise to refuse. And I would've given her the reasons why, the ones you've stated.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: A Stupid Parent trick ?

Post by DisneyMom » Tue May 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Tell her to pony up the money for Karate Lessons. :oweye:
So Strange. :rolleyes:

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro