Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:40 am

DisneyMom wrote:I sure miss the Knott's of my childhood...used to live there along with Disneyland. Both were faves of my Grandparents and we used to visit frequently-don't remember it costing a lot back when I was about 5 :rolleyes:
I remember the little island with the wood creatures, and riding a burro (or was it a mule) around. I haven't been for at least 12 years,so sorry it doesn't seem like I should go now. :(
http://mistertoast.blogspot.com/2006/01 ... sland.html
Jungle Island and I remember that also.

http://www.image-archeology.com/Knott's ... m_GT_3.jpg
the organ grinder and monkey

http://www.image-archeology.com/Knott's ... _GT_27.jpg
the cable cars and the restaurant named for them

http://www.image-archeology.com/Knott's ... _12912.jpg
before they paved the park over and made parking the coaches nearly impossible.

http://www.image-archeology.com/Knotts_ ... e_FV_2.jpg
I loved them cars

http://www.image-archeology.com/Knott's ... _26372.jpg
Jungle Island

http://www.bear-ytales.net/Ghost_Town/GhostTown3.htm
more info maybe

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:11 am

hobie16 wrote:It is kinda neat. It's small and a little different from other parks. If you time it right you can go to the Garlic Festival. It defies the imagination on the number of things that can be cooked up with garlic thrown in and you don't have to worry about getting bit by a vampire.
Ralph LOVES the Garlic Festival! He even copped a sign from the parking lot. It is a metal green one that says "Garlic Festival Parking" He would go every year if we could make it. He loves garlic! I always tell him, people can smell you coming!
I want to get to the Gilroy Gardens Park. Looks pretty intersting and like one of those corny Parks like Fairyland was at Lake Merritt back in the day! Anyone remember Fairyland at Lake Merritt in Oakland. I would think you might, hobie. :)

http://www.fairyland.org/about_fairylan ... istory.htm

My parents used to take us over there many a weekend! It was fun!!!

I can't believe that place is stil open! I thought it shut down years ago! WOW!

sues

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:52 am

Princess Susi wrote:Anyone remember Fairyland at Lake Merritt in Oakland. I would think you might, hobie. :)
I do! How about Playland At The Beach in San Fran? Remember Laughing Sal? That was a great place to spend a day.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:34 am

Oh yeah! Playland! That was such a cool place to go, and then my folks would take us to the Cliff House for dinner. What great memories! I remember when Playland had shut down and all the buildings were still there getting older and shabbier everyday. It was sad.

We loved to go there and Fleishacker Zoo and to check out the Fleishacker swimming pool. At the time it was the biggest pool ever! We loved going to *The City* on the weekends to have family fun!

We used to go to the wharf as well, before they put in all the those piers with amusement type arcades and rides. It was fun to go there and eat fresh crab and sourdough bread. I miss sourdough bread. You can't get it here. Not like that. It has to do with the climate, getting the best sourdough bread. Denver id too high in altitude and too dry and the sourdough bread here pales in comparison! Everytime we go to California and the Bay Area we pick up a couple loaves. Or my mom can send me one in the overnight mail, wrapped really well.

And Golden Gate Park and all the museums and the Aquarium! So much to do and so much fun! I really loved the Japanese Tea Garden. One of my very favorite places of all! So calm amd green. I have an affinity for Japanese culture and style and design and I loved the peace in the Tea Gardens. I fed the squirrels there. You could buy little bags of peanuts to fed them. They were so tame. Ahhhhhhhh....greta memories this morning....thanks hobie for mentioning some of those places too!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:33 pm

Golden Gate Park had so many neat things to do. The aquarium was always neat. Remember the alligators in the pool by the entrance?

The museum across the way always had cool exhibits. I went one time and discovered a Levi Strauss exhibit of the winners of a Levis design contest. This was way before CGI so they used multiple programmed slide projectors.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by svickersart » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:26 pm

Knotts is currently owned by Cedar Fair LLC who owns the big cedar point park back east. They also own Gilroy gardens and Great American in Santa Clara Ca. I had relitives that lived a few miles from Great America and we watched it get built, it was owned by Marriot then, they were going to tear it down and the city of Santa Clara bought it and operated it for several years, then it went to paramont and then Cedar Fair. I spent many summers there while visiting. When i was a kid every trip to Disneyland also included a day at Knotts, and my GF did the same thing. Last november while were were at DL for a week we took a day for Knotts and Medievil times. MT was a lot of fun but Knotts was very dissapointiing. We waited in line for food for 15 minutes and when we got to the counter the kid working told us he was closed, there was a problem in the back so he couldnt take our order (all the other lines were still going and quite long and we couldnt help but notice a young lady dressed like a ref waiting impacently off to the side, we figured he wanted a break with his GF) We went to another place and it took us 45 minutes to get something to eat, only two people working and the one preparing the food waas either very very new and untrained or developmentaly disabled because he was having a very hard time filling the oreders and there were only two groups in front of us. Finaly another person showed up and jumped in and things started moving but our order was all wrong. When we got back to the room that night my GF got online and email a compaint, and told them we would not be back and our memories of the park were now tarnished. We got a responce about 4 months later by mail explaining they had some management issues and these had been addressed, they also sent us 4 tickets to the park and asked us to give it another try. We are going to be in S Cal in August for a bowling tourny and taking a week vacation so we are going to go back and give it another chance, we are going to give up a day at DL, or at least part of the day to give them a second chance, if nothing has changed we wont be back, if things have changed we might give it another try. We are also going to do a day at Universal Studios on the way home. In June we are goiing to take a day and go to Great America (my GF is from Hayward so she also spent a lot of time there as a kid) and see how they are running that park, so wish us luck.

Steve

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:00 pm

svickersart wrote:Knotts is currently owned by Cedar Fair LLC who owns the big cedar point park back east. They also own Gilroy gardens and Great American in Santa Clara Ca. IIn June we are goiing to take a day and go to Great America (my GF is from Hayward so she also spent a lot of time there as a kid) and see how they are running that park, so wish us luck.

Steve
That is just sad, and November isn't even really into the peak season yet!

Hope its gets better, but judging by the posters of former and current employees, it dosn't look like it!

You could always give the tickets to someone else, or sell them for another day at DLR!!!

Spend the day Riding Indiana Jones!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:37 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:That is just sad, and November isn't even really into the peak season yet!

Hope its gets better, but judging by the posters of former and current employees, it dosn't look like it!

You could always give the tickets to someone else, or sell them for another day at DLR!!!

Spend the day Riding Indiana Jones!!
That sounds like a good idea, GP.

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:57 pm

DisneyMom wrote:That sounds like a good idea, GP.
Hey, turn a negative into a positive!!

Everyone wins!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:23 pm

svickersart wrote:We are also going to do a day at Universal Studios on the way home.
DO NOT MISS WATERWORLD!!! Sit just above the blue water line a little left of center and watch for the plane.

--- Matt King