Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Secruity at Knott's Berry Farm

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:30 pm

I apologize for any typos, I have a cat sitting on my hands.

FelineFan: Being a member of the BBB does not guarantee oversight, it is not an oversight organization. It just means that the company has agreed to follow certain steps if there is a complaint filed against them, that is all. If you got the BBB's website you can see the complaints, type of complaints, and what type of resolution if any occurred.

Petite and Proud!

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:44 pm

But they make it seem as if they can and do rein in their members, which they don't. I went to their website to check out Knott's, and first, they were at "caution" level; then sometime after that, they went up to "good" level! I smell a payoff! And if you tell them this company did this or that, they blow you off. What good is an organization that just takes money and makes a place seem legitimate when it is far from it? That's a scam!

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:12 pm

It really is sad that it has gone by the wayside. I guess I won't be going there anytime soon. I'll just get my mom to tell me what it was like when they went, probably in the early 1960's...I know I was too young to remember it. I just remember really liking the jams and jellies, especially Boysenberry and it was cool to read about how they made it. Too bad how the Park has gone down the sewer. And the Knotts tried to keep something good going with it. I'll stick with DL and San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park on the West Coast and WDW and Discovery Cove in Florida. I read about a cool place in Gilroy online and it sounds like a fun place to go. Maybe next trip to California! It is called Gilroy Gardens Theme Park. On the small side, but it looks like cornball fun!

http://www.gilroygardens.org/

susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:32 pm

Princess Susi wrote:It is called Gilroy Gardens Theme Park.
It is kinda neat. It's small and a little different from other parks. If you time it right you can go to the Garlic Festival. It defies the imagination on the number of things that can be cooked up with garlic thrown in and you don't have to worry about getting bit by a vampire.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:39 pm

hobie16 wrote:It is kinda neat. It's small and a little different from other parks. If you time it right you can go to the Garlic Festival. It defies the imagination on the number of things that can be cooked up with garlic thrown in and you don't have to worry about getting bit by a vampire.
DW and I have been trying to go, but it always seems like something comes up, and we can't go when the festival is on!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:58 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:DW and I have been trying to go, but it always seems like something comes up, and we can't go when the festival is on!!
If the wind is blowing in the right direction you may be able to smell it. :eek:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 am

hobie16 wrote:If the wind is blowing in the right direction you may be able to smell it. :eek:
Mmm, love garlic!! Some family friends went one year (I had to work)
and they brought us back some of the best garlic! We had it on patatos, pasta, etc., etc.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:14 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Mmm, love garlic!! Some family friends went one year (I had to work)
and they brought us back some of the best garlic! We had it on patatos, pasta, etc., etc.
If Bubba had lived in Gilroy Forrest might have become a farmer.

--- Matt King

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:22 am

I sure miss the Knott's of my childhood...used to live there along with Disneyland. Both were faves of my Grandparents and we used to visit frequently-don't remember it costing a lot back when I was about 5 :rolleyes:
I remember the little island with the wood creatures, and riding a burro (or was it a mule) around. I haven't been for at least 12 years,so sorry it doesn't seem like I should go now. :(

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:24 am

hobie16 wrote:If Bubba had lived in Gilroy Forrest might have become a farmer.
Hey Garlic shrimp!!