Universal closing Jaws ride

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Universal closing Jaws ride

Post by avengador1 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:53 am

The ride was getting dated. I noticed that they had redone the queue this past Summer when I last visited. I will miss it.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Sure, it's dated. But that's part of the charm. I think the real reason is that it's a 20-year-old ride system that runs in the water, uses fire and explosions, water canons and more that I can't even think of right now. So when you combine the costs, it has to be a very expensive ride to run purely from a maintenance standpoint.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Epeyon » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:49 pm

I'm definitely going to miss it when it's gone, it's one of my favorites at US, but if they can bring in something that's as well done as Potter it might be worth it. Especially considering how much more space they'll have to use.

Maybe they'll bring in Transformers? Whatever it is I see it being big.

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:44 am

From what I understand USO exec's said we won't be getting Transformers, probably because it's so similar to Spider Man (but that's just my guess).

I've been guessing and pondering this since it was announced, so my husband and I had a brain storm about what it could possibly be. This is what we came up with.

-Marvel/Ironman/Avengers? (Maybe, World Expo expansion but would that go to MSHI or would it fall into complications with Disney owning Marvel? Ideas? )
-Aliens? (There is the new Prometheus movie but that's a stretch and it's a Fox title)
-Star Trek? (Possible, it may fit into the World Expo expansion idea)
-Tremors/Val and Earls Monster World? (Okay, wishful thinking on my part!)
-G.I. Joe? (Possible I suppose, it did well and has a giant fan base)
-LoTR? (It's been speculated before and the land would be big enough I suppose)
-Twilight? (Dear God, Please not this.. anything but this)
-Ghostbusters? (I doubt they'd bring it back but I'll throw it out there)

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:38 am

Darksin wrote:From what I understand USO exec's said we won't be getting Transformers, probably because it's so similar to Spider Man (but that's just my guess).

I've been guessing and pondering this since it was announced, so my husband and I had a brain storm about what it could possibly be. This is what we came up with.
Here's my take on your ideas.
-Marvel/Ironman/Avengers? (Maybe, World Expo expansion but would that go to MSHI or would it fall into complications with Disney owning Marvel? Ideas? )
I can't see this happening at all. My understanding is that the latest agreement Universal has with Marvel says they can keep what they have but cannot add anything.
-Aliens? (There is the new Prometheus movie but that's a stretch and it's a Fox title)
I don't pay attention to the Aliens series so can't really comment.
-Star Trek? (Possible, it may fit into the World Expo expansion idea)
This would be cool.
-Tremors/Val and Earls Monster World? (Okay, wishful thinking on my part!)
That would be great, I love the Tremors movies and the short lived series, though I agree that it's wishful thinking.
-G.I. Joe? (Possible I suppose, it did well and has a giant fan base)
Haven't paid attention to G.I. Joe since watching the cartoons as a kid.
-LoTR? (It's been speculated before and the land would be big enough I suppose)
This would be very, very cool. I love the LoTR books and movies.
-Twilight? (Dear God, Please not this.. anything but this)
Don't even talk about this! :eek:
Ghostbusters isn't as popular as they once were so I doubt it.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Doctor McKey wrote:Being a Universal employee, I can not release any information that I may know about any changes to the park... but what I can say is that JKR and Warner Brothers would never allow Potter to be split between the two parks. When Potter is ready to expand, it will be in the space adjacent to where it is now...

The Doctor
It was a joke :) like the way Disney turned everything into POOH or STITCH.

Shorty82 wrote:
Ghostbusters isn't as popular as they once were so I doubt it.
With the 3rd Ghostbusters coming out soon, it could work out.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Mr. D. wrote:It was a joke :) like the way Disney turned everything into POOH or STITCH.
He got the joke. Was just responding somewhat in kind (as though you were serious), and commenting on what knowledge he has that he can't share.

Sometimes his leads are accurate! :p:

I'm gonna pay for that one.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:29 pm

That was the original idea for adding Ghostbusters to the list but upon thinking of it more, I doubt it would take over Amity since it would fit better into New York.

Although rumors are flying suddenly about a Tuesday announcement. No idea on the source of them, seems to be spreading threw the various boards like wildfire though.

And I'm still voting for Val and Earl's Monster World :D:

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:32 am

Someone commented that when a certain theme park closes a ride it's to put Winnie the Pooh or Stitch into the spot. That is so last decade, can we go back? Please? Remember, they did market research, and found their guests want more shopping. There's simply not enough shopping where they live, on the Internet, short drives away from their houses; they need to come to Florida, pay $81 per person per day and shop. Conversely, there's an Adventurer's Club in every town giving quality drinking entertainment; it's just that it's so exclusive that you don't know about it. Neither do I, but that's beside the point.

[/rant]

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:12 am

Big Wallaby wrote: Remember, they did market research, and found their guests want more shopping. There's simply not enough shopping where they live, on the Internet, short drives away from their houses; they need to come to Florida, pay $81 per person per day and shop. Conversely, there's an Adventurer's Club in every town giving quality drinking entertainment; it's just that it's so exclusive that you don't know about it. Neither do I, but that's beside the point.

[/rant]
What BW said.