Universal closing Jaws ride

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Universal closing Jaws ride

Post by Darksin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:07 pm

I've never been to USH but I've seen the maps and it doesn't really look like they've got a lot of space to work with. Wonder where they are going to stuff it in?

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:53 pm

USH has lotsa land.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:35 pm

hobie16 wrote:Universal LA trying to catch up.

5 years away seems sooooooooo long! All of the HP boys will be balding by then! :eek:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:36 am

hobie16 wrote:USH has lotsa land.
Yeah, at a 45 degree angle. :eek:

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

EpcotFan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by EpcotFan » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:
It would also be cool if, by creating a London area at USF, they then were took a position to perhaps have, say, a BBC area.

Just thinking out loud here...
I'd love a BBC area! Dr. Who, Red Dwarf, Black Adder... :) Rides based on the Tardis and the Star Bug. :) Perhaps a time travel adventure for Black Adder (with Rowin Atkinson and Hugh Laurie). Hmmmm I have a clever plan. And if the WWoHP can sell butterbeer, then perhaps a Black Adder attraction could sell something based on turnips. :)

The problem is these shows have limited visibility to the US audience, outside of sci-fi geeks (like myself) and PBS or BBC America aficionados. You really would have people asking, "Dr. Who???" Of course the British tourists would love it!

Maybe Universal could have an international program something like Disney's to bring over some Brits to staff the new land so you'd at least have a cast with appropriate accents. :)

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:28 pm

EpcotFan wrote:to bring over some Brits to staff the new land so you'd at least have a cast with appropriate accents. :)
If you are cast in certain roles, you are taught to be British. Now, are you convincing to those who come from the UK? I don't know, but I do know of several actors (not just Hugh Laurie) who have come from London (and one from Australia) for American TV shows and played American, and if you didn't hear them in an interview, you would have no clue they weren't American. Almost scary.

Also, when I was 14, I went to England, was staying at a hotel near the Kensington Palace, in the lift, when someone asked where I was from, and when I said Oregon in the US, they were shocked that I wasn't from this one town in England. I was not faking any accent, just speaking with my Oregonian accent.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:22 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Sometimes his leads are accurate! :p:

I'm gonna pay for that one.
I dont even know where to begin.....

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Doctor McKey » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:25 am

avengador1 wrote:Whatever they are going to build it is going to be big. I looked at a Google Earth picture and it shows a lot of ground being worked behind the ride.
That must be an old picture from when they where building the apt. complex next door ( behind jaws.. ) because behind Jaws is a perimeter road and an old back gate that lead to the employee parking lot...

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Doctor McKey » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:45 am

Ok... just to squash the rumor of where WWoHP will be... It will not be in the Studios... that is 100% the case. I know someone had mentioned that the gates have seen a huge increase at IOA and that USF needs the boost from a Harry Potter themed area in order increase its gates. This is not the case.... Thier are a number of attractions that are set to close in the next couple of years in USF, and are not being mentioned as of yet in order to help with some more future surprises that are on the horizon for the park.

I can tell you now that the likelihood of Ghostbusters coming back to USF is about as good as us colonizing the moon in the next 5 years ( though their is a Japanese co. that has purchased the right to the first Domino's pizza for the moon. ), Star Trek would be awsome for an area... alas, Paramount would charge to much for it, and their not enough room. Paramount has tried Star Trek themed attractions before and the attendance was too low to keep it going. Aliens due to the contract 20th Century Fox has with Disney, and Trimmers does not have the following that USF would need in order to put money down on.

With that... I will say no further...

The Doctor

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:35 am

Doctor McKey wrote:Ok... just to squash the rumor of where WWoHP will be... It will not be in the Studios... that is 100% the case. I know someone had mentioned that the gates have seen a huge increase at IOA and that USF needs the boost from a Harry Potter themed area in order increase its gates. This is not the case.... Thier are a number of attractions that are set to close in the next couple of years in USF, and are not being mentioned as of yet in order to help with some more future surprises that are on the horizon for the park.

The Doctor
I have to admit, this rumor has been driving me completely insane. The idea is ludicrous and the distance is vast that they'd have to bridge, even though I've heard some good ideas about it. I can't see USO ripping the entire backlot to pieces, the construction time would take to long for the time frame they are probably looking at. Guessing they're going to try and fit something into the "100 years" anniversary coming up in 2012.

Although my husband and I came up with the greatest idea to send off JAWS, it'd never happen but it'd be fitting to follow the end of the movie and blow Foamy to pieces in the style of Martin Brody. :D:

I figured several of those would be a long shot but I've got no clue what rights US has anymore to attractions and other movies.

Well, we know it won't be Transformers unless Exec's have lied to us, which could be entirely the point but since it's a Spider Man clone.. I can't say.
Although I'd much rather hear you shoot down the "Twilight" idea then Star Trek!

Mmm, back to the drawing board with ideas.

Any word on an announcement? Last I heard someone commented there would be one on the days JAWS closed but I've only seen it in one place.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!