story land NH

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
edward1990
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

story land NH

Post by edward1990 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:08 pm

im an employee up at storyland NH has anyone been there

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: story land NH

Post by Goofyernmost » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:11 pm

edward1990 wrote:im an employee up at storyland NH has anyone been there
Sure have when my kids were young. Haven't been in 25 years or more now.

:goofy: :goofy:

edward1990
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by edward1990 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:25 pm

i enjoy workiing there some good times but also some SG's there too but for the most part its great

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:16 pm

If there is a problem with Disney parks it is that it makes all the small ones that we used to go to all the time seem like a lot is missing. Story Land was, and probably still is, a charming little park. Sadly, so many of the kids of today have been to Disney that it doesn't seem to generate the excitement that it once did. My kids used to beg me to take them there. Then we went to Disney and I never heard the request again.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:27 pm

Disruptive technology.

Small parks => Disney

Sony Walkman => iPod, etc.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

edward1990
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by edward1990 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:45 pm

well story land still is getting busier each year its gone corporate now and we got a new ride in the summer of 2011

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:31 am

I went there a couple times when I was a kid. Good memories. Very faded and fuzzy, but good. :p: In case you're wondering, that puts it around 40 years in the past.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:19 pm

edward1990 wrote:well story land still is getting busier each year its gone corporate now and we got a new ride in the summer of 2011
I guess the question would have to be...busier than what/when? Over the last few years it wouldn't surprise me at all that the visits might be increasing, but, is it increasing over the last 5 years or is it increasing when compared to the numbers 25 years ago? If it is overall...then kudos and I truly hope that it continues. I hate to see those old attractions closed and decaying. It is depressing.

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Widget » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Sorry to say I've never been. I grew up in Maine, just a short drive to NH, yet my parents never took me to Story Land, Santa's Village or Six Gun City. Not sure if any of my siblings ever went either. I guess my parents weren't into that sort of thing.
I do know many of my nieces and nephews have gone and one of my great nieces worked at Story Land this year. So at least some of my relatives are helping to keep the parks going.

Lyonsperf
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Lyonsperf » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:37 am

I love that place! Nice and clean rides kept up nice everything looks new. I also enjoy Clark's Trading Post, Six Gun City and Lost River. I used to go to Clark's when I was a small boy with my family. I now go with my boys. Bear show never gets old just don't know how Murray can continue to repeat the same schtick over and over.
Cool train ride too with the Crazy Wolfman!
I like to stay at Indian Head Resort.