More of a general ?, really, for the Kings Islanders...

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
dizanimator
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: More of a general ?, really, for the Kings Islanders...

Post by dizanimator » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:10 pm

KingsIslander wrote:Ouimet has made things worse by visiting, actually. Fast Lane ($50 unlimited front of the line pass) was "his" idea when he visited. Also, I don't think he realizes that you're not going to get good guest service out of underpaid teenagers.

Better than Kinzel, though.
Fast Lane at that price doesn't seem worth it to me. That's about the price of a ticket to get in the park. It seems like charging a lot for instant fastpasses, even if that line is much shorter.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:56 pm

KingsIslander wrote:Better than Kinzel, though.
That's like saying Sodexo is better than dirt wrapped in tinfoil. I'm not exactly sure if you could do WORSE than Kinzel. =\ (If you could, I don't want to find out)

@ dazy, I forgot about the Double Decker Carousel, that's another piece I want to survive. The only other one I know of is @ Six Flags over Texas in Arlington. I hope the Flying Eagles survives too. They're sort of rare (they look related to the Flyers @ Knoebels) and are a lot of fun.

I doubt the log ride will make it, because the turntable I think is a pretty permanent installation (uses a turntable system similar to Bigfoot @ Knott's or Jetstream @ Magic Mountain), but the other easier-to-remove attractions hopefully stand a chance of surviving or being scrapped for parts. (Delirium, Drop Zone, White Water Falls, Tiki Twirl, etc)

Grizzly can be knocked down, it's horrible. Those trains might help out Colossus @ Magic Mountain or Belmont Giant Dipper @ San Diego, because they're similar/the same trains (Morgan "California" Cars, they're discontinued). The Psycho Mouse coaster should be easy to relocate, too. And like I said I hope Vortex, Demon, and Flight Deck all make it out unscathed. If not, hopefully they'll at least part them out instead of full-on destroying them.

Sorry, rambling.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:49 pm

maybe knott's will be returned to it glory day before cedar fair took over

If you run, you'll only go to jail tired.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:26 pm

security officer wrote:maybe knott's will be returned to it glory day before cedar fair took over
Yeah, and maybe Walt will reconstitute himself, walk over to Company headquarters, and dope-slap the folks who don't get it!

Ain't holdin' my breath for either, sadly.

Zazu

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Zazu wrote:Yeah, and maybe Walt will reconstitute himself, walk over to Company headquarters, and dope-slap the folks who don't get it!

Ain't holdin' my breath for either, sadly.
If this happens, I hope they sell tickets because that would be a worthy investment! :D:

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:47 am

cedar fair messed the joint up with all this coaster and thrill ride crap

If you run, you'll only go to jail tired.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:32 pm

They also tossed out Walter Knott's vision of teaching history and what the area was like before everything got built up. Gone are the old mission displays from Fiesta Village, the original Berry Stand, everything. They took the fun out of going to Knott's, and the crap they put in is nothing more than thrill-seeker shlock.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Hmmm....

Now that you mention it, this seems to echo something I've seen at my local Cedar Fair-owned park. While, true, it wasn't as heavily "themed" as, say, Disney, the areas did seem to lean toward a particular style for each. Now, it seems they are just putting attractions anywhere without any sort of plan other than do they have the proper space for it. For lack of a better term, it has become an "assembly line" park, no sense of showmanship, just have a bunch of rides.

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Post by KingsIslander » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:33 pm

I think the Dinosaurs Alive! attractions have shown a bit of a change in CF's view of theming. The one at Kings Island is really impressive for something at a seasonal park (the ones at some of the other parks, not so much...), and they least attempted to tie some of the newer rides in with the existing themed areas. We also now have "magical moments" for families, too.

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations