SGT- not park related

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: SGT- not park related

Post by kcberlin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:34 pm

jerlove wrote:Okay I can't be the only one who rushed to google to translate. According to google the english translation is "German to English translation
I have a butcher in my pants"

Wow I would hate to be your butcher :D:
Now that's effin funny. The German to military english translation is meat market...

The opinions expressed here may not be those of kcberlin. Sometimes I just like to stir shit.:twisted:

chelleb
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by chelleb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:20 pm

Like a previous poster said, I wouldn't dream of going to another country unless I spoke the language or was with someone who did.

About 6 years ago, I took a 2 week trip to Europe (one week in Paris, one in London). I took French in high school and also in college, but it had been 8 yrs since I had graduated college. I purchased a program for the computer so that I could brush up and re-learn what I had forgotten.

I am proud to say that I got us (my mom and I) around Paris the entire week, barely speaking any English except to my mom (who doesn't know French). I did, however, teach her a few key phrases: I don't speak French, Where is the WC, and She speaks French (while pointing to me, lol). Also, of course, Bonjour and Au Revoir.

~Chelle

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:14 pm

hobie16 wrote:For your tag line? :D:
Octoberfest next year. :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Kylara
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Kylara » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Well I only speak English but managed to do a semester abroad (many years ago)...phrase books were my friend when traveling. But I never expected the people in Europe to speak English (although in many places that dealt with tourism, someone did).

But I did run into one of those "stupid" Americans that expected everyone there to speak English. A friend and I were waiting in Germany for a train to Austria (after Octoberfest, but that is more of a brag and has nothing to do with the story). Since it was late, there was very few people around the station. As we are talking, we hear "great someone who speaks English, finally"..we turn to find the worst stereotypical Texas Cowboy you would ever see...10 gallon hat, big belt buckle etc. He starts complaining to me and my friend about how he and the "little woman" have no idea of what track they need to be on. Then he complains that no one speaks the "language of the bible" in Germany. Yes, he actually thought that English is the language of the bible. We were able to help him find where he needed to go but I swear, I think anyone working at the station was hiding from him on purpose! He was loud and obnoxious and reminded us why Americans could have such a bad reputation.

Honestly, my friend and I really were wondering if Munich TV had a version of Candid Camera and were we being set up by it. LOL.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:52 pm

If I'd been one of the Germans I would have found out what his destination was and sent him in the opposite direction. :twisted:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.