SGT- not park related

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Swordfish Flotilla
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: SGT- not park related

Post by Swordfish Flotilla » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:22 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:@Flotilla: How long did it take you to learn Dutch? Did you know it before you went there? Kudos to you.
I'd had a little College German, which helped with the grammar, but the biggest help was that Dutch TV showed English and American shows with Dutch subtitles,not dubbed dialogue. Really good way to expand vocabulary.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:51 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:But what use is it to know "My postillion has been struck by lightning" in six different languages?
"My hovercraft is full of eels."

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:45 am

ktulu wrote:I know a little bit of Japanese, but just enough to get me in trouble. Usually there is just a lot of pointing at pictures and hand waving. That is the true universal language!
Nah....the true universal language is Mathematics (says the mathematician). lol

kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by kcberlin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:20 am

I was stationed in Germany twice in an eight year period. I regret learning very little German except Wo ist der banhof? (where is the train station), Ein nach bier bitte.(One more beer please), and the ever popular Ich habe ein metzgerei im mein hosen. :eek: I'll leave that translation alone...

I did however study french in high school and shocked my then girlfriend (now wife) on a trip to France. She came out of the restroom to find me having a conversation with a couple of natives. She told me later she always thought I was lying when I told her I could speak french. :p:

The opinions expressed here may not be those of kcberlin. Sometimes I just like to stir shit.:twisted:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:42 am

'ein nach bier bitte',I'm so gonna steal that. (just in case) ;)

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:14 am

darph nader wrote:'ein nach bier bitte',I'm so gonna steal that. (just in case) ;)
For your tag line? :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:36 am

I need immersion... bad. my Spanish is atrophying at a terrible rate, and I still can't conjugate anything other than the present tense for shit.

8^(

kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by kcberlin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:03 am

Mayonnaise wrote:I need immersion... bad. my Spanish is atrophying at a terrible rate, and I still can't conjugate anything other than the present tense for shit.

8^(
That happened to my french. I can't remember 95% of what I learned. The tale I spoke of earlier happened 15 years ago(and damn I feel old when I think of that).

The opinions expressed here may not be those of kcberlin. Sometimes I just like to stir shit.:twisted:

jerlove
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by jerlove » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:53 am

kcberlin wrote:I was stationed in Germany twice in an eight year period. I regret learning very little German except Wo ist der banhof? (where is the train station), Ein nach bier bitte.(One more beer please), and the ever popular Ich habe ein metzgerei im mein hosen. :eek: I'll leave that translation alone...

I did however study french in high school and shocked my then girlfriend (now wife) on a trip to France. She came out of the restroom to find me having a conversation with a couple of natives. She told me later she always thought I was lying when I told her I could speak french. :p:
Okay I can't be the only one who rushed to google to translate. According to google the english translation is "German to English translation
I have a butcher in my pants"

Wow I would hate to be your butcher :D:

:buzz:

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:18 pm

jerlove wrote:Okay I can't be the only one who rushed to google to translate. According to google the english translation is "German to English translation
I have a butcher in my pants"

Wow I would hate to be your butcher :D:
Nope, I didn't rush off to have it translated, but I already knew all but one word, and from the rest I wasn't sure if I wanted to know what that word was. :p:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1