"Stand Clear" does not mean we're open!

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: "Stand Clear" does not mean we're open!

Post by turkeyham » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:29 am

Is Excelerator (sp) still down for repairs? My friend got me onto that ride twice. :)

Did the log ride get fixed? Last time I went on it, there was more holes than usual.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:36 pm

The original post is a great story, made me laugh. It's kind of like when a concert is going to start in a while, and everyone starts to clap when some guy comes out to check the instruments. Except that nobody boos when he leaves :p:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:24 pm

5th Dimension wrote:The original post is a great story, made me laugh. It's kind of like when a concert is going to start in a while, and everyone starts to clap when some guy comes out to check the instruments. Except that nobody boos when he leaves :p:
Or like when these guys would come out and start messing around with the microphones:

Oh, wait... never mind. :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:35 pm

The mention of the "all call" button reminded me of this story. Late one night on the Matterhorn, my friend was in the tower watching the monitors. He thought he saw a guest take his seat belt off on the lift, so he hits the "lift stop" and rings the breakdown bell and we cycle out the ride. John is on the microphone giving the breakdown spiel when a supervisor comes up the stairs and asks what happened. Without taking his finger off the all call button, John says, "SOME ASSHOLE TOOK HIS SEATBELT OFF!" which reverberated all over Fantasyland. Classic!

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:57 am

^ Oh whoops. :eek:
turkeyham wrote:Is Excelerator (sp) still down for repairs? My friend got me onto that ride twice. :)

Did the log ride get fixed? Last time I went on it, there was more holes than usual.
Xcel *should* be up. Log Ride collapsed way back in '06, I'm not sure if they ever put the time into putting the shotcrete/gunite over the repaired areas. It might just be exposed superstructure still. Back in 07 they didn't have it fixed, and some friends told me in '08 it was still hole-riddled. Haven't heard any news since.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

xUnxDeaDx
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by xUnxDeaDx » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:The mention of the "all call" button reminded me of this story. Late one night on the Matterhorn, my friend was in the tower watching the monitors. He thought he saw a guest take his seat belt off on the lift, so he hits the "lift stop" and rings the breakdown bell and we cycle out the ride. John is on the microphone giving the breakdown spiel when a supervisor comes up the stairs and asks what happened. Without taking his finger off the all call button, John says, "SOME ASSHOLE TOOK HIS SEATBELT OFF!" which reverberated all over Fantasyland. Classic!
Haha that really is classic, I'm sure hearing that made the guy put his seat belt back on real quick. If he was bright enough to realize the asshole was him :P

I've nearly said some not so guest appropriate things over the mic. Like when some girl squirmed out of our restraints (which is an shoulder restraint, with a big verst in the center and pretty big lapbar underneath) before she pulled her restraint all the way done and we locked the row (it was latched however). Anyway, I was sitting there saying to myself something along the lines saying, get back into your seat idiot. Not realizing my foot was still on the mic foot pedal we use for our station mic. Caught myself before I could finish the sentence though haha.