SGT at Sea World San Diego

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

SGT at Sea World San Diego

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:37 pm

Took my granddaughter to Sea World yesterday. We were waiting in line for Elmo's flying fish (it's like Dumbo). There was a lady two groups in front of us whom I didn't notice until this man came up the left side of the line with a trail of little kids behind him and attempts to get in line with the lady. I said, "Wait a minute, how many people are cutting in front of us here?" And the lady said, "Six! And I have been waiting here 45 minutes, letting people go around me! You can ask them!", pointing to the ride operators. I said, "That is unacceptable", picked up my granddaughter and went around her.

We waited in the holding pen and got on the ride the next round. Unfortunately, the only available "fish" was the one right in front of the SG, who was still in the line with her tribe. So the SG starts yelling at the ride operators, relating her whole diatribe, pointing at me and yelling, "That lady cut in front of us and got really mad and I've been waiting here 45 minutes!" I had not gotten mad at all, I only said "Unacceptable." I was not going to take my DGD out of that fish so I just ignored her. And guess what? So did the ride operators. Ha ha ha. They didn't do or say anything. I didn't see what else the SG did and I didn't care. NOBODY CUTS IN FRONT OF MS. MATTERHORN when she is with her granddaughter!

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: SGT at Sea World San Diego

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:13 am

I'm curious, what was the actual wait time? It would be extra stupid if she was standing there for 45 minutes waiting for them when the actual wait was less than that.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:36 am

Weeeeeelllllll....
Last time I checked,1 person in line does not equal 7 people in line.FAIL. ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:09 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Weeeeeelllllll....
Last time I checked,1 person in line does not equal 7 people in line.FAIL. ;)
Hmmm...

While I can, under certain circumstances, understand one member of a family waiting in line while other members take care of necessities such as a quick trip to the bathroom, I think there is a maximum number of family members that can be allowed to use that option, say about 4 (including the member who was already in line). Otherwise, they need to wait until their whole group is there, then everyone can stand in line together.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:11 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Hmmm...

While I can, under certain circumstances, understand one member of a family waiting in line while other members take care of necessities such as a quick trip to the bathroom, I think there is a maximum number of family members that can be allowed to use that option, say about 4 (including the member who was already in line). Otherwise, they need to wait until their whole group is there, then everyone can stand in line together.
You're more generous than I am. My general rule is that one person in line = one person in line. :p:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:20 pm

BRWombat wrote:You're more generous than I am. My general rule is that one person in line = one person in line. :p:
Well, like I said, it is under certain circumstances that I can understand one person standing in line for other folks as well. Having one person wait in line while six other members of the party go and do other stuff isn't one of them.

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:49 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:I think there is a maximum number of family members that can be allowed to use that option, say about 4 (including the member who was already in line).
I think four is pushing it, although if it's one adult and two little ones rejoining an older child or parent I probably wouldn't gripe. Some adults have physical issues that can make it hard for them to wait in long lines without bathroom breaks, so, fine, but if there's three of them suffering that sort of thing, they can take turns running off is my thinking. :p:

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Lasolimu wrote:I'm curious, what was the actual wait time? It would be extra stupid if she was standing there for 45 minutes waiting for them when the actual wait was less than that.
LOL! She WAS extra stupid. The wait time was no longer than 10 minutes!

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:07 am

Forty five, four to five... Same difference, right?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:08 am

If she had been waiting that long and you were behind her, then so would you. And it doesn't take 45 minutes to take the kids to the potty. It is not acceptible to get into a line and then let others of your party in. It may be acceptible if your party is IN line already and then little Timmy/Tammy needs to go. But you all have to start out in line together. One person cannot be a fastpass for 7.