Ride Break Down is "Traumatic"

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Ride Break Down is "Traumatic"

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:36 pm

I could be wrong, but I thought most amusement/theme parks include a disclaimer somewhere (on the tickets, or on a sign at the ticket booths) that included that they could not guarantee that any particular attraction would be working at any particular time, and such. If this is so, this should have been pointed out to this customer, and they should have been informed that, as such, they were not entitled to any special compensation.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:55 pm

turkeyham wrote:The Omnish use horses and buggies. If the buggy gets a flat or breaks, they put the buggy to the side and use the horse. :D:

I have seen the attractions go through a safety fun with the managers. If something were to break down, they would let others know. When the attraction comes up fully, they will tell the CM's to go ahead and open it.

I have seen late openings for Indy and Big Thunder.

It's more fun to see SG try to get into a blocked off area when the attraction is closed down for refurbishment. The wall is there for a reason. Don't think the ride can work with no crew or cars. :eek:
Amish buggy tires go flat? :eek:

how does that work? :cool:

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:13 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Amish buggy tires go flat? :eek:

Possible dry rot on the spokes and high speed turns while drag racing to the market. ;)

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:15 pm

darph nader wrote:Possible dry rot on the spokes and high speed turns while drag racing to the market. ;)
those gosh darn kids!!!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:16 pm

darph nader wrote:Possible dry rot on the spokes and high speed turns while drag racing to the market. ;)
Or...

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:06 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:I could be wrong, but I thought most amusement/theme parks include a disclaimer somewhere (on the tickets, or on a sign at the ticket booths) that included that they could not guarantee that any particular attraction would be working at any particular time, and such. If this is so, this should have been pointed out to this customer, and they should have been informed that, as such, they were not entitled to any special compensation.
Oh yeah, like that sort of SG would be calmed down by the cold force of reality!

Are you *sure* you work at a theme park? ;)

Zazu

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:23 pm

I thought that is what the information boards.

When I went to Williamsburg, the Kings park out there made you sign a form. If you do something stupid, the theme park has the right to kick you out. :eek:

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:23 pm

Zazu wrote:Oh yeah, like that sort of SG would be calmed down by the cold force of reality!

Are you *sure* you work at a theme park? ;)
Um...no, I don't believe I ever said I work at a theme park. Been mistaken a couple of times as an employee at the local amusement park a couple of times, due to a vest I happen to like wear when going on outings, though. Still, I never have tried to pass myself off as such.

I'm sure there are those SC who would not be calmed down by anything less than a large dose of tranquilizers and/or repeated applications of a large blunt object to their heads. However, if such a disclaimer is in place, then at least the employees as well as management have something to back up why they don't have to give the SC anything extra.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:05 pm

The same way a roller coaster wheel or train wheel can go flat, I am sure. But being wood instead of silicone or metal, I would imagine it's a much faster process.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:34 pm

our horse farted, I want a refund!

Corey