Ride Break Down is "Traumatic"

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Ride Break Down is "Traumatic"

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Yesterday was interesting. Due to a staffing shortage at my ride, we had a hard time getting open and opened 10 minutes late (oh the horror). As first loaded boat approached the first lift, pumps shut off. Yeah, we had a loaded shut down with one freaking boat in the water. I knew the guest would not be happy because it was the same guest who came in through the closed chain to try to ride while we were opening up.

She made a big hairy deal over the fact that we opened late and now it was broken. She kept asking me if she got any kind of compensation. I know at Disney she would have had Re-Ads, but our park does not do that. (Wish they did, but they don't. I did suggest that to a manager after this incident, but I digress). I told her normally we don't do any kind of compensation, but that a manager would be there shortly and he would be the one to talk to.

When he came, she just kept repeating how this was "crap." She said the her son was a sensitive boy and that this was a very traumatic experience for him and she thought that they should give them compensation for the trauma we put him through. Literally all that happened was their boat stopped at the base of the lift and we had to have them get out and walk back to the station. She apparently tried to get our manager to comp next year's season passes. Good grief!

Petite and Proud!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Ride Break Down is "Traumatic"

Post by drcorey » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:07 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:Yesterday was interesting. Due to a staffing shortage at my ride, we had a hard time getting open and opened 10 minutes late (oh the horror). As first loaded boat approached the first lift, pumps shut off. Yeah, we had a loaded shut down with one freaking boat in the water. I knew the guest would not be happy because it was the same guest who came in through the closed chain to try to ride while we were opening up.

She made a big hairy deal over the fact that we opened late and now it was broken. She kept asking me if she got any kind of compensation. I know at Disney she would have had Re-Ads, but our park does not do that. (Wish they did, but they don't. I did suggest that to a manager after this incident, but I digress). I told her normally we don't do any kind of compensation, but that a manager would be there shortly and he would be the one to talk to.

When he came, she just kept repeating how this was "crap." She said the her son was a sensitive boy and that this was a very traumatic experience for him and she thought that they should give them compensation for the trauma we put him through. Literally all that happened was their boat stopped at the base of the lift and we had to have them get out and walk back to the station. She apparently tried to get our manager to comp next year's season passes. Good grief!
everyone is so used to raping the mouse,
now they want this stuff to happen everywhere.

ah, you made me frown, Where is my new car??

Corey

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:07 pm

That kid is going to be in for a 'shit load' of disappointments.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:48 pm

Wait... the kid was supposedly traumatized by being on a ride that stopped and now his mother wants comped season passes so he could be traumatized again next season? :banghead:

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Ugh! What egos to expect everything in life to go exactly their way.....Everyone must pay for their slightest discomfort! :mad:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Start dreamin, it's not going to happen! :mad:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:10 am

to bad that manager didn't compensate them by haveing security walk them to the main gate, and tell them to have a nice day! :cool:

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:36 am

Yeah, I would've compensated them with a swift kick in the pants, right out of the park! :D: See how traumatizing that is, kid!

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:20 am

Well if a simple ride break down is traumatic both mom and kid are in for a hard life to be sure.

Gee whiz, the Amish don't freak out with stuff like that..and they lead pretty sheltered lives. Or they did...am no Amish expert.

I am a proud SG expert though ;)

mapo

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:01 am

The Omnish use horses and buggies. If the buggy gets a flat or breaks, they put the buggy to the side and use the horse. :D:

I have seen the attractions go through a safety fun with the managers. If something were to break down, they would let others know. When the attraction comes up fully, they will tell the CM's to go ahead and open it.

I have seen late openings for Indy and Big Thunder.

It's more fun to see SG try to get into a blocked off area when the attraction is closed down for refurbishment. The wall is there for a reason. Don't think the ride can work with no crew or cars. :eek: