Please Don't Touch Me...

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Please Don't Touch Me...

Post by joanna71985 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:00 pm

Notastupidguest wrote:Oh I don't touch them in order to be loving, I just do it and I'm not going to change. It's not my problem if people have social phobias. I'm not kissing them, it's a light touch, it's not pulling hair and it's not going behind a service counter to touch them either.

It's perfectly natural and the way I am, if you don't like it then too bad. I'm not changing any part of me to please you so suck it up. Or change your job to a more reclusive one. I don't think a light touch when talking or laughing with somebody is so terrible and I think it is preferable to the SG who scream in your faces.
I'm sorry, but people shouldn't have to "suck it up" if they don't want to be touched.
I don't see why there is any reason for you to touch strangers

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

tlbwriter
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tlbwriter » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:34 am

Notastupidguest wrote:Oh I don't touch them in order to be loving, I just do it and I'm not going to change. It's not my problem if people have social phobias. I'm not kissing them, it's a light touch, it's not pulling hair and it's not going behind a service counter to touch them either.

It's perfectly natural and the way I am, if you don't like it then too bad. I'm not changing any part of me to please you so suck it up. Or change your job to a more reclusive one. I don't think a light touch when talking or laughing with somebody is so terrible and I think it is preferable to the SG who scream in your faces.
That's an awfully rude and thoughtless attitude from someone who refers to themselves as "loving." Not wanting a complete stranger to paw at you is far from a social phobia. It's interesting that you expect strangers to respect your wishes but you couldn't care less about their own, and yet you persist in referring to yourself as "loving." Sounds more like "pushy" to me. :rolleyes:

Also, it's time to change your name, because if you really do touch CMs and don't care if they like it or not? You are in every way at STUPID guest.

BTW, I'm not a CM. Which is a good thing, because I wouldn't last long in that job if I were forced to deal with SGs who felt it was their God-given right to touch me simply because "that's the way I am, if you don't like it then too bad."

Notastupidguest
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Notastupidguest » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:21 am

Wow interesting to see all the pacifiers thrown out the prams here. A light touch when conversing or laughing together is ALL I'm taking about, didn't realise it would generate a backlash of threats of karate kicking and posts about human *statues* being punched, plus I didn't say hair pulling. Can we say la la land here? The hysteria is way out there over this. God given right? Wow do you work for the TSA by any chance, if not they would be perfect for you.

Oh and I'm still not changing. Jeeze I'm not running after people to inappropriately touch them, let's get this back in to perspective here folks.

tlbwriter
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tlbwriter » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:00 pm

Notastupidguest wrote:Wow interesting to see all the pacifiers thrown out the prams here.
Hmmm. I think the person who says "I'm going to do what I want, no matter how you feel about it" is the one who's being childish.
A light touch when conversing or laughing together is ALL I'm taking about, didn't realise it would generate a backlash of threats of karate kicking and posts about human *statues* being punched, plus I didn't say hair pulling.
And the fact that a lot of people don't welcome your "light touch" doesn't matter to you at all. You believe you have the right to do it, even if the other person would rather you didn't. And your excuse for this unwanted and unwarranted intrusion is being "loving." Nice.
Oh and I'm still not changing.
Of course you're not. Because you've made it clear you couldn't care less what the other person involved in that conversation wants. Why should you change when your wishes are the only ones that matter? Isn't that the excuse every other SG gives? I'm climbing over this rope/butting in line/touching complete strangers because I want to. Carry on, SG, carry on. :rolleyes:

Notastupidguest
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Notastupidguest » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Ah yes that told me, I am now completely stomped on by you. Oh well so long as you go away and think you feel good about bullying someone you don't even know. Me? meh I don't really care what you think. Sorry you weren't able to bully me and make me a victim. Because that was important to you right?

You need help with the OCD thang my lovely.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Ummmmmmmmmmmm guys, can we dial it back a bit and not be so touchy? Pun intended. Thanks!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Being a catholic priest is sort of like that too.
I get people wanting to hug me for some reason, and the thing that is really hard to get used to is people throwing themselfs at your feet and begging for a blessing.

and prolly hugging a cop like that would get you shot or tased.

I once heard a little girl at DLR saying she likes hugging Pooh because he is soft and warm.

hmm, nothing like a good soft and warm Pooh...

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:19 pm

drcorey wrote:hmm, nothing like a good soft and warm Pooh...
Five 12 oz. glasses of water every day should just about guarantee it. :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:44 pm

hobie16 wrote:Ummmmmmmmmmmm guys, can we dial it back a bit and not be so touchy? Pun intended. Thanks!
Hear,hear. Don't need another duck/rabbit season. :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:58 pm

I don't mind the accidental bump, or a handshake. Being in a very crowded area does bug me, but I can handle it for a while. I don't like the arm around the shoulder or touching in general.

and I certainly don't have any interest in touching a woman's pregnant belly. I generally don't like being around kids (thought I'd just throw that out there :p :)