Please Don't Touch Me...

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
deathcomesarippin
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Please Don't Touch Me...

Post by deathcomesarippin » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:29 am

DisneyMom wrote:Must Show Self Control :o:
I touch people's arms/hands more than I should, but you should probably only worry when I wear gloves........ ;)
Im going off topic here (has nothing to do with touching people) but one slow day when I was training at a ride, the park was filled with college kids (mostly frat boys with nothing better to do..then to "entertain" us with dumb jokes.) The two guys I was with and me, put on those clear plastic cleaning gloves, the looks we got from them where hilarious. Then finally a superviser came by, laughed pretty good but made us take them off becuase managment was coming by.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:03 am

DisneyMom wrote:Must Show Self Control :o:
I touch people's arms/hands more than I should, but you should probably only worry when I wear gloves........ ;)
I'd only worry if you had KY on them. :eek:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:07 pm

hobie16 wrote:I'd only worry if you had KY on them. :eek:
Eat your fruits and vegetables,drink plenty of H2O to avoid the KY ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:42 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Eat your fruits and vegetables,drink plenty of H2O to avoid the KY ;)
What if someone doesn't want to avoid the KY? :p:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:49 pm

If you don't want to be touched, don't go to Tokyo :) I was heading back to my hotel after a brief visit at the Tokyo Disney Resort and due to the typhoon and the trains running slow, I was caught up in the "sardine" train. Hopefully I'll avoid it next week!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Notastupidguest
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Notastupidguest » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:37 pm

tlbwriter wrote:But if the person on the other end doesn't know you, it doesn't feel very loving at all. Especially if they are, like a CM, in the position of not being able to stop you for fear of being reprimanded. If you don't have an existing relationship with someone, please don't feel it's appropriate to touch them in order to be "loving." Show your love by respecting their personal space.
Oh I don't touch them in order to be loving, I just do it and I'm not going to change. It's not my problem if people have social phobias. I'm not kissing them, it's a light touch, it's not pulling hair and it's not going behind a service counter to touch them either.

It's perfectly natural and the way I am, if you don't like it then too bad. I'm not changing any part of me to please you so suck it up. Or change your job to a more reclusive one. I don't think a light touch when talking or laughing with somebody is so terrible and I think it is preferable to the SG who scream in your faces.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:15 pm

Not wanting to be touched deliberately by complete strangers isn't "social phobia."

I'm all for not changing your personal identity to make others happy, but I don't think it's fair to insist on doing anything physical and unwelcome to others.

8^S

scpergj
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by scpergj » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:50 pm

Notastupidguest wrote:Oh I don't touch them in order to be loving, I just do it and I'm not going to change. It's not my problem if people have social phobias. I'm not kissing them, it's a light touch, it's not pulling hair and it's not going behind a service counter to touch them either.

It's perfectly natural and the way I am, if you don't like it then too bad. I'm not changing any part of me to please you so suck it up. Or change your job to a more reclusive one. I don't think a light touch when talking or laughing with somebody is so terrible and I think it is preferable to the SG who scream in your faces.
That's a different way of looking at it...

of course, by that same thinking, it's in my nature to block the touch of strangers with a karate block...and they can kind of hurt. But I'm not going to change. I'm not kissing them, or chasing them around. If they don't like it, too bad...

See how that one works? What's good for the goose.....

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:58 pm

I was "in character" working the Haunted Mansion when a Marine who thought I was a statue punched me in the stomach! Asshat!

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:17 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:I was "in character" working the Haunted Mansion when a Marine who thought I was a statue punched me in the stomach! Asshat!
That defies all logic...I think he knew! :eek: Punching a "statue" at DLR could mean a broken hand-was he intoxicated? Please tell me Police were called! :mad:

Even though I am guilty of touching, it is probably not a good idea-to some guests with Autism, it could start a total meltdown. I have it on good authority that some CMs do have Autism/Asperger's Syndrome-making the job even more challenging if they can't tolerate random touching :(

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: