Paying for a season pass for 30 years doesn't exempt you from the ride policies sir

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
xUnxDeaDx
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Paying for a season pass for 30 years doesn't exempt you from the ride policies s

Post by xUnxDeaDx » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:52 pm

Haha yeah I wouldn't really consider it fun but I guess you could make entrance fun. And I'm guessing you figured I was talking about Congo lol. Anyway, I believe you know me considering I'm on your facebook. And you commented on my status about GASM's last day.

CycloneMan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: DAK
Department: Ops
Position: Coordinator

Re: Paying for a season pass for 30 years doesn't exempt you from the ride policies s

Post by CycloneMan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:44 pm

I know you, eh?

xUnxDeaDx
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by xUnxDeaDx » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:56 am

Well from Great Adventure Online, like from when it was Great Adventure Source. But yeh, I was njdevilsrock over there.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:46 pm

I can understand the guy being upset, but he overreacted. I admit, I wasn't a happy camper when I went to Six Flags Saint Louis last year and discovered this policy. At Universal, the lockers are free for the duration of the ride. I really hate that at Six Flags you have to pay for a locker and if you need to get something, you have to pay again. Women's clothing does not typically have large enough pockets to accommodate keys, wallets, etc. so more women will have to use it.

I have diabetes and have to have my stuff with me because I need my meter and glucose tabs should I hit a low. I would not mind leaving it if it weren't for the fact that once I get into it, I would have to pay another dollar to get it out. The first ride would not let me take my bag with me period, and we ended up going to guest relations to get the medical pass. I'm just surprised they wouldn't let me ride and then go. Honestly, this is one reason I have not been back to Six Flags. It is a craptastic policy. Six Flags has no concept of guest service (at least ours does not), it's no wonder they are bankrupt.

Petite and Proud!

xUnxDeaDx
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by xUnxDeaDx » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:59 pm

I agree, it is a crappy policy and you can tell it's just Six Flags trying to scrounge up any money they can get their hands. I think the lockers should be free like Universal's (and they definetly can be because Six Flags and Universal both use the SmartCarte lockers). I do think lockers are needed to keep from people dropping things off the ride onto people or into the track (which is a big problem at the coaster I work at), but the guests shouldn't have to pay for them.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:30 pm

xUnxDeaDx wrote:I agree, it is a crappy policy and you can tell it's just Six Flags trying to scrounge up any money they can get their hands. I think the lockers should be free like Universal's (and they definetly can be because Six Flags and Universal both use the SmartCarte lockers). I do think lockers are needed to keep from people dropping things off the ride onto people or into the track (which is a big problem at the coaster I work at), but the guests shouldn't have to pay for them.
LOL, don't you just love when your park has some policy that everybody working there can tell is stupid except for the ones setting the policy?

I don't think that lockers will help stuff being dropped, it may even make it worse. Most people aren't willing to stand in a long line without their cell phone or iPod or other device that then gets stashed in a pocket. If they have a bag or something with them, they can stuff it in the bag and leave it on the platform. If they have to leave their bag at the entrance, they are more likely to put it in their pocket where they will either be tempted to take it out once the ride is going, or it will fall out of its own accord.

I don't care for the policy because I would go to Universal a lot by myself when I had an AP, and I like to read in line. Well, I couldn't do that because the book wasn't allowed in line. I didn't like it, but I still did it. Now, I probably would have to request some kind of medical pass for my bag because they don't even allow fanny packs in line.

Petite and Proud!

xUnxDeaDx
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by xUnxDeaDx » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:26 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:LOL, don't you just love when your park has some policy that everybody working there can tell is stupid except for the ones setting the policy?

I don't think that lockers will help stuff being dropped, it may even make it worse. Most people aren't willing to stand in a long line without their cell phone or iPod or other device that then gets stashed in a pocket. If they have a bag or something with them, they can stuff it in the bag and leave it on the platform. If they have to leave their bag at the entrance, they are more likely to put it in their pocket where they will either be tempted to take it out once the ride is going, or it will fall out of its own accord.

I don't care for the policy because I would go to Universal a lot by myself when I had an AP, and I like to read in line. Well, I couldn't do that because the book wasn't allowed in line. I didn't like it, but I still did it. Now, I probably would have to request some kind of medical pass for my bag because they don't even allow fanny packs in line.
lol everyone does think it's pretty dumb, including the managers and supervisors. The corporate people clearly don't see how their ideas actually affect the parks, which was very evident when they decided to offer double rides to everyone for the last day of operation for one of our coasters. It was a nightmareee.

But I agree, everyone tries to stuff things in their pockets, and usually it does stay in their pockets but every once in a while something will fall out and if it falls into the catch car then we have to go down for at least 10 or so minutes. And they don't allow fanny packs at Universal? I would think they would because it wouldn't fall off or anything but yeah I'm sure they would have medical passes there as well.

xUnxDeaDx
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by xUnxDeaDx » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Oh and to avoid starting a new topic about pretty much the same thing I'll just add to this thread.

I loveee when people don't seem to understand what, no loose articles are allowed in the LINE unless it can be secured in a pocket.

The other day I was sent to the entrance of a ride who needed an entrance person and had a group come up to me saying that one of the girls in their group would hold everything for them in line but not ride, I told them the items couldn't be in the line at all (obviously because theres no way to know they are telling the truth about their 'non-rider'). They continue to insist that their friend would hold everything for them in line and I continued to tell them it couldn't be in the line at all. This back and forth went on for about 5 times before the one girl finally left the line to 'put their items in a locker'. They left them behind a trash can and all went in line. A little while later a security card comes by and throws them away. I agree it's a stupid policy but that doesn't mean you can go around it just because it inconviences you.

Oh and I just realized I probably could've just added to the previous post rather than double posting. Sorry about that.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:06 pm

We had a similar incident at our court last week. One lady was going through security with a camera in her purse, which is a no-no. Not a big deal like a weapon, just not allowed in the courthouse, so she was told to take it back to her car.

She decides she doesn't want to exert the energy it would take to walk the extra 100 feet or so to her car, so she just goes outside and "hides" the camera next to the building behind a newspaper vending machine, and goes back in. When she's done with court, of course, the camera is gone. Now fortunately for her, a man saw some kids find and take the camera, and he knew who they were. Last I heard he'd called them to come back with the camera.

What's really comical is that she was trying to get one of our marshals to arrest the kids when they returned! He was trying not to laugh at her when he told her, "They didn't do anything wrong -- you abandoned the property! You should be happy if you get it back." :rolleyes:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:17 pm

The marshal should have ticketed her for littering. :twisted:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.