Paying for a season pass for 30 years doesn't exempt you from the ride policies sir

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
xUnxDeaDx
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Paying for a season pass for 30 years doesn't exempt you from the ride policies sir

Post by xUnxDeaDx » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:50 am

So a few days ago I was scheduled for my unofficial home coaster which is almost always overstaffed, and because of this the park will either decide to have you do sidework (sweep the midway, queue and exit basically), be sent home or be sent to another ride where they need untrained people to fill spots such as entrance or loader, merge or grouper (all the same depending on the ride). So they decided to send me from said coaster along with two other people to our park's rapids ride. At our park we have a no loose article policy, nothing can be brought on the ride, in line or be left on the platform unless the item can be safely secured in a pocket. If it can't be the article has to either go in a ride locker (provided at each ride for $1) or be left with a non-rider. Also, nothing can be left at a ride entrance unattended or it will be brought to lost and found by security. So anyone they sent me to entrance at this water ride and the first guest that shows up with his granddaughter tries to enter the line with souvenier cups in hand. I tell him that no cups can be brought onto the ride or in the line, he immediatly gets angry and starts yelling that he'll just leave it on the side, I tell him again that nothing can be brought in the line to begin with and that nothing can be left on the platform. He continues his fit saying that he'll leave his cups on the ground at the entrance and I tell him that there is no guarantee his cup will be there when he gets back because security has to take all loose articles to lost and found. So he starts yelling some more saying something along the lines of, "I've been buying a season pass to this place for 30 years! Why can't I just bring my ******* **** with me?!" (all this in front of his granddaughter that can't be more than 10 years old). I tell him that no guests can bring anything on the ride and that lockers are provided at each ride to leave his things in while he goes on the ride. He replies with "But I've been coming here forever! I shouldn't have to put my **** in a locker! I never did before why do I have to now?" I inform him that it's the park's (semi) new policy and that all guests have to follow it otherwise they won't be allowed to ride and that the point of the policy is to speed up the pace of the line and load times so no one is holding up the ride by sorting their articles out on the platform. Anyway he storms into the queue still having a fit, I call securtiy and a security supervisor comes over to take the items to lost and found. He comes back just as the guest and his granddaughter return. The first thing the guest does, is notice his cups are gone and he immediately starts digging through the trash can. At that both I and the supervisor inform him that his things are at lost and found and that he'd need to pick them up there and that he can't leave his things at the entrance and he begins to walk off with a "I'll do whatever I want, I've been coming here for 30 years! I'll talk to guest relations about this!". That's the end of that, and about an hour later when I get sent off to go on break I see the guest again waiting in line at guest relations (one of the back ways to get to the backstage diner is right next to guest relations) so on in the inside I was just like :D: lol. Anyway, I just can't believe how pissed people get over not being allowed to bring their stuff in line with them. They can't quite get the idea that you can drop it, you can hit someone with it or lose it completley. And I'm sure if they did lose it if they were allowed to bring their things on the ride they'd complain about us not having a place for them to store their items. Also couldn't believe the way he was talking in front of his granddaughter who clearly just wanted to leave and go somewhere else or why he thought that coming to the park for 30 years entitled him to some sort of pass around the policies which are posted alllllll over the ride entrances.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Paying for a season pass for 30 years doesn't exempt you from the ride policies s

Post by Lasolimu » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:16 am

Wow, I've been visiting DLR at least once a year my whole life, does that mean I'm entitled to ignore policies that weren't in place when I was an infant? How come no one tells us these things!? </sarcasm>

Anyway, that guy is definitely a SG and makes for a great first story.

Hello xUnxDeaDx, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try to hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Paying for a season pass for 30 years doesn't exempt you from the ride policies s

Post by darph nader » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:25 am

Welcome to the dark side. Have a (name yor drink here.) :beer:
btw,going for 30yrs does give him the right to do 'whatever' he wants. ;) not

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:19 pm

welcome...

(paragraphs are your friend!!!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:35 pm

It happens with half of the APers at DL. They paid so much money to get into the parks and think they they own it. Where does it say on the back of the pass saying that you do.

At HISTA, now EO, I was working the Greeter position and there was numerous times that guest want to go past the turnstiles with drinks in hand. I tell them they can't bring it past the turnstiles. They either can toss it in the garbage can or finish it up with xx minutes until showtime. Often ignoring my advice, they leave it in the planters expecting to still be there by the time they get back. Once they leave, either custodial, or us, would walk over and toss it in the trash. When the guests would return, we just said that custodial came and threw them all away.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

xUnxDeaDx
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by xUnxDeaDx » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Lasolimu wrote:Wow, I've been visiting DLR at least once a year my whole life, does that mean I'm entitled to ignore policies that weren't in place when I was an infant? How come no one tells us these things!? </sarcasm>

Anyway, that guy is definitely a SG and makes for a great first story.

Hello xUnxDeaDx, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try to hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience
I think it's in the fine print somewhere, gota hunt it downnnn haha.
GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:welcome...

(paragraphs are your friend!!!)
thanks and ill keep that in mind! like how the handrails are also my friends, a whole nother story right there lol.
DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:It happens with half of the APers at DL. They paid so much money to get into the parks and think they they own it. Where does it say on the back of the pass saying that you do.

At HISTA, now EO, I was working the Greeter position and there was numerous times that guest want to go past the turnstiles with drinks in hand. I tell them they can't bring it past the turnstiles. They either can toss it in the garbage can or finish it up with xx minutes until showtime. Often ignoring my advice, they leave it in the planters expecting to still be there by the time they get back. Once they leave, either custodial, or us, would walk over and toss it in the trash. When the guests would return, we just said that custodial came and threw them all away.
Ahh yeh guests to seem to think they run the place, they just have to learn the hard way by getting their things throw out i guess. But yeh that reminds me that I saw some guy with an EO shirt on the other day at my park, thought it was cool lol.

Thanks for all the welcomes too! :)

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:41 am

Great first post, xUnxDeaDx!

:sgthello:

:D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

xUnxDeaDx
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by xUnxDeaDx » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks! I'll have plenty more stories to come, seems like a new one comes up almost every day haha.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm

This is why I'm glad I'm not in attractions any more hahaha. I never miss the guests who think they're above policy.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

CycloneMan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: DAK
Department: Ops
Position: Coordinator

Post by CycloneMan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:52 pm

I feel ya. I used to work at "Coaster" which had no lockers. But Flume and Toro did. I'd have fun :twisted: