Harry Potter's Kaput

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Harry Potter's Kaput

Post by Freak » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:00 am

Isn't that based on Indy? I thought you guys would've gotten all the kinks out by now... Indy usually is pretty reliable now a days..

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

disneydreamer21
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by disneydreamer21 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:37 am

IndyandMarion wrote:The better question would be "Which breakdown of the hour are we talking about?"

Seriously. Does this ride ever actually finish a full run through? I'm not bashing it because I dislike Harry Potter, no reason, just didn't care for the series. . . and because I'm Team Dresden.

Anyway, for as "advanced" as they make this out to be, you'd figured they'd have the kinks worked out. Well, OK. . . They pulled a "fast one" saying it's "advanced" technology when its really been around since at least the mid 90s (As far as putting people on the arms), but still.... FIX IT.

Yes it does though the first time I rode it on opening it stopped...so we were sitting in there for at least 20 mins....but that ride goes down a lot because it's so popular...

And someone told me who works at Universal says it breaks down a lot because of the weight distrubution, so if they put a heavier set person who fits in the seat on one side and a kid who is 100 pounds on the other, it stops the ride cause the arm is off balance...so..but the thing about FJ is that you're either inside or your in the greenhouse where there are fans...so honestly that ride is worth the 2 hr wait...

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:40 pm

IndyandMarion wrote: and because I'm Team Dresden.
As in 'The building was on fire, and it wasn't my fault,' not-so-subtle, but still quick to anger Dresden?

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:32 pm

disneydreamer21 wrote:that ride goes down a lot because it's so popular....
Now that's just ridiculous! No attraction goes down from being popular. It's like suggesting that Kennedy died because to many citizens approved of his presidency! (Or was it that one guy on the grassy knoll who really loved a lot him that tipped the balance?)

If a ride goes down from being run at full capacity, that's an engineering failure. If it goes down from carrying imbalanced but normal loads, that's also an engineering failure. And if it goes down and takes more than two hours to evac, that's either an engineering failure, a training failure, a case of it being operated with inadequate staff, or some combination thereof.

Let me guess, Universal didn't invite in cast members' families to do evac testing, did they?

Zazu

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:52 am

Zazu wrote:Let me guess, Universal didn't invite in cast members' families to do evac testing, did they?
I experienced my first fire alarm while on a ride at Mummy yesterday... Yeah, not well organized.

Kurt

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:38 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:I experienced my first fire alarm while on a ride at Mummy yesterday... Yeah, not well organized.
The mummy gets hit by lightning as often as the monorails does... i was out side one day when it got hit.. and set the fire/evac alarms off... Fun...

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Doctor McKey wrote:The mummy gets hit by lightning as often as the monorails does... i was out side one day when it got hit.. and set the fire/evac alarms off... Fun...
Actually makes perfect sense as it was timed with an incoming storm. You'd think they would uh, ground it/put it on a UPS in some fashion...

Kurt

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:07 am

Zazu wrote:If a ride goes down from being run at full capacity, that's an engineering failure. If it goes down from carrying imbalanced but normal loads, that's also an engineering failure.
I knew Xcelerator was an engineering failure!

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:23 am

Zazu wrote:If a ride goes down from being run at full capacity, that's an engineering failure. If it goes down from carrying imbalanced but normal loads, that's also an engineering failure.
No kidding. If a minimum of a 20% buffer wasn't built in it means either poor engineering or the bean counters made the final design decisions.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:59 am

Freak wrote:I knew Xcelerator was an engineering failure!
Hell, I always knew that Grand Slammer was an engineering failure!

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...