Harry Potter's Kaput

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
LadySiren
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Harry Potter's Kaput

Post by LadySiren » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:19 am

DisneyMom wrote:Thanks! My Barry Manilow Collection is yours :)
I also have a few Anne Murray tracks that you're welcome to. ;)

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:04 am

LadySiren wrote:I also have a few Anne Murray tracks that you're welcome to. ;)
Ah yes, Anne Murray, English-Speaking Canada's Céline Dion, without the whole "we're slightly ashamed to say we like her" aspect, lol.

If Zazu doesn't want them, send them my way. However, I'm not familiar with this "8-Track" technology you speak of, though. Does it work with my iPod? :confused:

;)

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:14 pm

LadySiren wrote:I also have a few Anne Murray tracks that you're welcome to. ;)
Last summer, at the induction ceremony for Canadas walk of fame:
Anne Murray is the MC. Her onstage footwar is a pair of ridiculous heels. After each hit onstage, she steps out of the heels while the video bits run. She has no slippers to put on, so her dresser puts a towel on the floor for her to stand on, so as not to ruin her pantyhose.

so picture Anne standing on a towel backstage, having a drink of water, awaiting her next onstage moment.

Standing 5 feet away, Howie Mandel observes this. Loud enough to ensure most of the crew nearby her this, Howie says: "Whats the matter Anne? Did you spring a leak?"

Annes' dresser was mortified! There are some questions that you just dont ask a woman of Annes' age apparently ! Anne appeared to take it in good humour.

The bands, including her own, standing nearby howled ! The nearby crew were in stitches. The dresser was ready to throttle Howie!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:24 pm

delsdad wrote:The dresser was ready to throttle Howie!
I'd pay a lot of money to watch that.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

LadySiren
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by LadySiren » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:25 am

delsdad wrote:Last summer, at the induction ceremony for Canadas walk of fame:
Anne Murray is the MC. Her onstage footwar is a pair of ridiculous heels. After each hit onstage, she steps out of the heels while the video bits run. She has no slippers to put on, so her dresser puts a towel on the floor for her to stand on, so as not to ruin her pantyhose.

so picture Anne standing on a towel backstage, having a drink of water, awaiting her next onstage moment.

Standing 5 feet away, Howie Mandel observes this. Loud enough to ensure most of the crew nearby her this, Howie says: "Whats the matter Anne? Did you spring a leak?"

Annes' dresser was mortified! There are some questions that you just dont ask a woman of Annes' age apparently ! Anne appeared to take it in good humour.

The bands, including her own, standing nearby howled ! The nearby crew were in stitches. The dresser was ready to throttle Howie!
OMG, I loved Anne Murray when I was growing up. I loved her to the point that when she came to town, my parents got us great seats at the Circle Star Theater (yes, I'm dating myself here...) so I could see her sing live.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:37 pm

This must be a new SGT record: On topic for three posts of a three page thread!

Petite and Proud!

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:33 pm

Did they ever find what caused the guests to get stuck on the ride? I know it broke down, but they never said what really happened?

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:21 am

turkeyham wrote:Did they ever find what caused the guests to get stuck on the ride? I know it broke down, but they never said what really happened?
The better question would be "Which breakdown of the hour are we talking about?"

Seriously. Does this ride ever actually finish a full run through? I'm not bashing it because I dislike Harry Potter, no reason, just didn't care for the series. . . and because I'm Team Dresden.

Anyway, for as "advanced" as they make this out to be, you'd figured they'd have the kinks worked out. Well, OK. . . They pulled a "fast one" saying it's "advanced" technology when its really been around since at least the mid 90s (As far as putting people on the arms), but still.... FIX IT.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

LadySiren
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by LadySiren » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:56 pm

IndyandMarion wrote:The better question would be "Which breakdown of the hour are we talking about?"

Seriously. Does this ride ever actually finish a full run through? I'm not bashing it because I dislike Harry Potter, no reason, just didn't care for the series. . . and because I'm Team Dresden.

Anyway, for as "advanced" as they make this out to be, you'd figured they'd have the kinks worked out. Well, OK. . . They pulled a "fast one" saying it's "advanced" technology when its really been around since at least the mid 90s (As far as putting people on the arms), but still.... FIX IT.
Yep, this technology has been around for quite awhile. As part of my advertising career, I worked with a large material handling conglomerate. One of their main competitors was Kuka Robotics. Kuka came along one day, and lured away one of my client's key managers. He called me not too long afterward, bragging that he was testing one of their new amusement rides, as he knows of my love for all things thrill ride / rollercoaster. Smug bastard.

Kifaru
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Kifaru » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:38 am

IndyandMarion wrote:...you'd figured they'd have the kinks worked out. .... FIX IT.
*cough* dead yeti *coughcough*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]