KBF - Traffic + SG = facepalm

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
minimoose
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

KBF - Traffic + SG = facepalm

Post by minimoose » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:49 pm

ok so its my 2nd day working at traffic and im being trained for the crosswalk position, cakewalk but it makes me laugh when 2 of the most common SG moves usually happen, mind you this is on paper/grand ave, that one lane street that goes from beach blvd. to crescent ave:

they'll try and go in reverse because they missed the underpass

or

they'll try and drive towards oncoming traffic to try and get to the underpass

im dead serious about the 2nd one too, first time i saw it was yesterday, i mean its a 1 way street, how do you mess that up?

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: KBF - Traffic + SG = facepalm

Post by darph nader » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Texting while driving,getting a hummer,jammin out to Lady Gaga? :eek: Who knows?

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:09 pm

I can't remember the number of times I heard or saw someone driving opposite down Grand Ave.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:26 pm

It's those damned GPS systems. :eek:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:49 pm

Seriously, if the SG driver misses the turn off, they should head out to Beach Blvd and make a U-turn at the light. Then make another U-turn at the light and turn back in on Grand Ave. :eek:

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:40 am

turkeyham wrote:Seriously, if the SG driver misses the turn off, they should head out to Beach Blvd and make a U-turn at the light. Then make another U-turn at the light and turn back in on Grand Ave. :eek:
Those SGs are much to lazy to go ALL THE WAY AROUND, but to take an illegal short cut.

MM, you should block there way and tell them to GO THE OTHER WAY, if you see them come around, :D

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:02 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:Those SGs are much to lazy to go ALL THE WAY AROUND, but to take an illegal short cut.
I know that game. Had a couple of occasions at the MK parking lot where somebody came zooming down one of the long rows, only to find me backing out in front of them. I just stopped diagonally, blocking the lane, then got out to watch how they were going to handle it.

One time, they shifted into reverse, but couldn't figure out how to back up. I kept following them, giving them no room to maneuver ... and grinning like a maniac.

Sadly, the gal had never been a sailor, so I didn't get any choice phrases out of it.

Zazu

scpergj
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by scpergj » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:29 pm

Zazu wrote:I know that game. Had a couple of occasions at the MK parking lot where somebody came zooming down one of the long rows, only to find me backing out in front of them. I just stopped diagonally, blocking the lane, then got out to watch how they were going to handle it.

One time, they shifted into reverse, but couldn't figure out how to back up. I kept following them, giving them no room to maneuver ... and grinning like a maniac.

Sadly, the gal had never been a sailor, so I didn't get any choice phrases out of it.
When I'm parking at one of the parks, I love to watch the idiot that decides they don't want to park where they are told to...they want to park in the first spot in the row....or in a totaly different row - at opening! Never seen any fireworks, but have seen people move their vehicle....

And Zazu...I'm not a sailor, either...but I work with a bunch of retired sailors and Marines...and I pretty much know all their phrases. While full of colorful language, they don't necessarily make much sense....

Oh...how do you know a retired Senior Chief is telling you a tall tale? It starts with "No shit, this really happened...". Seriously!

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:04 am

Hey, I'm only going one way!

We have had guests try to find parking at DTD. They come in the entrance to the PI lot and can't read the sign that says Disney Buses Only. So they turn there and can't figure out why a CM makes them back up and out.

For those who don't know the PI bus stop, it's a one way loop that services the load zones and then loops out by the H lot. I love it when a guest comes down the exit loop. There is no way to turn out of it and the 40' bus is not going to back up. It's fun watching them try to back all the way out with a Gillig on their nose the whole way.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

ziplu
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ziplu » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Cranbiz wrote: There is no way to turn out of it and the 40' bus is not going to back up. It's fun watching them try to back all the way out with a Gillig on their nose the whole way.
And THAT is why my car stays parked in the resort parking lot :D:

Much easier to let Disney do the driving!!