An Sg at Snoopy Rocks on Ice

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

An Sg at Snoopy Rocks on Ice

Post by delsdad » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:23 pm

We spent Canada Day at our local park. crowds were very reasonable untill about 3, when the fireworks crowd started arriving.
We decided to see the new ice show Snoopy Rocks, part of the conversion to Camp Snoopy. A woman with a young (18-24 month) toddler sat down in front of us. She spread out over 3 seats, and we assumed that there was another person to join them. After she fidgeted for a while with the baby, suddenly she vanished. The kid started wailing almost immediately. Looking around for mom. After a minute or so of his wailing I was about to go get a cast member to report the abandoned kid. My daughter tried to make faces with the little guy to distract him, which was somewhat successful. But he was really upset. Finally the couple in the seat in front of him reached back and picked him up, none to gently. they Appeared to know the kid, although he was not interested in anyone but mom, who finally returned TEN minutes :eek: later, with her third person. Mom just took the kid from the couple in front, didn't comfort the poor little guy, just plopped him in his seat, still wailing! :mad: Then she chatted with friend in the row ahead, with other friend beside, and finally bought him a glow sword to shut him up. None of their discussions were in English, so we never did figure out the relationship with the couple in front, But I sure hope they were family.

We felt so bad for the poor little guy. Mom was so much more interested in visiting with her friends or family.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: An Sg at Snoopy Rocks on Ice

Post by darph nader » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:51 pm

And the "Parenting of the Year Award" goes to............NOT. :mad:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:52 pm

You mean the baby doesn't count as family????? :eek: What is it, then?

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:11 pm

felinefan wrote:You mean the baby doesn't count as family????? :eek: What is it, then?
The people in front. I hope they were part of the baby family, not just strangers who shared a language.