The Kings Island Diaries

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: The Kings Island Diaries

Post by darph nader » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:52 pm

KingsIslander wrote:Guest: "What's the difference between a coney and a cheese coney?"
*her boyfriend looks at her and starts laughing*
Guest: "I just said something stupid, didn't I?"
Me: "Ma'am, someone asked me earlier what was on the plain spaghetti. You have nothing to worry about. :) "
The sad part is that some people let their mouth's get ahead of their brains.
The worst ones are the ones who are dead serious. :eek:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:40 pm

It is bad enough when SG come to the turkey carts. We have butter salt corn and chile lime corn. What gets to me is when they say plain. We don't have that as an option.

I am still looking for the Dr. Pepper and hot dogs. :mad:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:53 pm

Recently, at the shelter I live at, we got T-shirts, fans and compasses from the Census Bureau. I got the shirt and compass, didn't need the fan. Anyway, one of the other ladies is looking at one of the compasses (the kind you use to find your way with, not the kind used to draw circles, BTW) and says, "There has to be a button on this to make it work!" I would've told her that earth's magnetic field makes it work, no button required, but I had a feeling that would've gone right over her head....

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:51 am

felinefan wrote:"There has to be a button on this to make it work!" I would've told her that earth's magnetic field makes it work, no button required, but I had a feeling that would've gone right over her head....
She must be related to me. :o:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Post by KingsIslander » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Stupidity I saw today:

Me: Sir, what drink did you want?
Guest: Pepsi.
Me: I'm sorry, sir, we only serve Coca-Cola products.
Guest: Okay, I want Pepsi.
Me: We don't serve Pepsi.
Guest: I want Pepsi!!
(I finally just filled the cup with Coke and gave it to him. :confused :)
(Just because you want Pepsi, that won't magically make it appear!)

The guest had been waiting for roughly a minute after ordering quite a bit of food. She apparently noticed that the associates making food weren't doing anything. (Also note that the register she went to sometimes has an issue where the order doesn't appear on the order screen.)
Guest: WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG?
Cashier: *looks at order screen, sees that the order wasn't up there* Ma'am, what did you order?
Guest: I JUST PAID $31, YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT I WANT!!
Cashier: Ma'am, the order didn't show up on their screen in the back. I need to let them know what you ordered so they can make it.
Guest: THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I JUST PAID $31, IT SHOULD APPEAR ON THE SCREEN! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!
Cashier: *sends someone into the back to get our team leader* Ma'am, if you tell me what you ordered, I can have them make it...
*someone explains to the team leader what happened*
TL: What did you order?
Guest: I PAID $31 FOR YOUR FOOD AND IT DIDN'T SHOW UP ON THE SCREEN! FOR $31 IT SHOULD SHOW UP ON THE SCREEN!
(at this point, I wished I could say "Actually, you set the 'Rude Sensor' off, which caused it not to appear. Sorry!!)
TL: I can just have them make the food, but you have to tell me what you ordered!
This went on for quite a while. Finally she told the team leader what she ordered, and it was made in a few minutes. Of course, she walked away in quite a huff.

While I was walking past the park's Eiffel Tower replica going to my break, I noticed that a guest had jumped over a fence into a restricted area around the base of one of the legs of the tower.
Me: Sir, you need to stay on this side of the fence, you're in a restricted area.
Guest: I CAN BE HERE IF I WANT TO!
I just walked away. My break is more important than his safety. ;)

I was carrying a rather heavy bucket of a corrosive chemical used to clean our floors from my home stand to another stand in my area. We don't have backstage areas, so I had to carry it down the midway. Most of the guests were polite and moved out of the way when they saw what I was carrying. However, when I got to the stand, I noticed that two guests were standing in front of the door into the stand, talking.
Me: Excuse me...
Guests: *look at me, ignore me and keep talking*
Me: Excuse me!
Guests: *ignore me again*
Me: MOVE!
Guests: WELL YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO BE RUDE!
(I could think of much ruder things I could say/do, starting with *oops!* spilling the chemical on them...)

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:14 pm

It's time for the park's degreaser! That stuff when not properly handled with safety gloves, mask and safety gear can cause serious damage to your skin!

"Wizard of Oz!" When one of the character's splashed a bucket of water on the witch and she melted. I tell little kids, see that horse shoe print on the cement? The horse had some soda instead of water on a hot day. I told them the horse melted and the kid went for the water right away. :D:

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:41 pm

turkeyham wrote:It's time for the park's degreaser! That stuff when not properly handled with safety gloves, mask and safety gear can cause serious damage to your skin!

"Wizard of Oz!" When one of the character's splashed a bucket of water on the witch and she melted. I tell little kids, see that horse shoe print on the cement? The horse had some soda instead of water on a hot day. I told them the horse melted and the kid went for the water right away. :D:
Thats what happened to the ghost horse in front of Haunted Mansion too ! (Does your mansion have the ghost horse?)

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by KingsIslander » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:33 pm

Stupidity of the Day

Guest: Excuse me, do you sell hamburgers? (keep in mind, the location that I work at is a local chain, famous for its menu items)
Me: I'm sorry, we don't.
Guest: Where's the closest place that sells them?
Me: Jukebox Diner. (I give her directions there)
Guest: *leaves, then comes back a few minutes later* They're closed!
Me: Really? Were the doors locked?
Guest: No...
Me: Oh, they're probably open. I can go back and check, if you want.
Guest: No thanks, I'll go back over.
(Did she seriously notice that the doors were shut and assume that it was closed? It was pouring rain! Of course the doors won't be wide open...)

(I was in line for The Crypt, an indoor Top Spin ride. From the pre-show area, you can clearly see the ride running. This is the view from there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mINP8QCrJE )
Guest: Hey, is this a rollercoaster?
Me: *gives long, obvious look at the ride running* Yes.
The guests went on to ride the ride. I'm fairly sure that they still thought that it was a rollercoaster, even after they had ridden it. :confused:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:01 pm

About the ghost horse at DL's Haunted Mansion, I am not sure. I did remember seeing one at the MK.

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by KingsIslander » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:32 am

"Do you work here?"
*looks at uniform, nametag, and park id*
"No."