Guests in track area! or Hit your E-stop!

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Guests in track area! or Hit your E-stop!

Post by Main Streeter » Tue May 18, 2010 4:07 pm

turkeyham wrote:where is security when you need them.
Did you even call Com Stat? There may have been only 2 DLS on westside yesterday. Westside was short a few DLS Sun.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue May 18, 2010 6:19 pm

I did not have the radio at that time. It was charging. The Columbia crew saw it too. You are right, I did not see anyone until last night. Bruce was back stage and there were a few officers coming out of role call. I wonder how the kids will be acting tomorrow? Hopefully there will be none.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:40 pm

At our park, we will walk under the track of the coasters if there is an extra person (or call a supervisor) to look for a lost article if it is important (keys, cell phones, shoes, wallets.) We will stand by the low area fences and carefully scan them. If the lost article is in a low area, two supervisors will come out. We will hold dispatch and then they will go and retrieve the lost article using a very specific tag out procedure (and yes, it requires two supervisors. One to get the item, and one to stand at the panel making sure nobody does anything stupid).

I can't believe that one guy in the article wanted an announcement. Why would the park make an announcement like that? I think it's stupid that people who wanted to ride that ride couldn't becuase somebody cared more about their freaking hat than their safety or the safety of anybody else. I just love that people are blaming the park. I'm sorry, if it is anything like our low areas, it takes a lot of effort and ignored signage to enter a kill zone. There is nothing the park could have done differently.

Petite and Proud!