Guests in track area! or Hit your E-stop!

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Guests in track area! or Hit your E-stop!

Post by turkeyham » Wed May 12, 2010 6:01 am

At DL BTRR has been now been closed for over a week for refurbishment. A group of SG decided to undo the ropes at the enterence and walk down the que to the front of the ride. They walked out the front and security told them that it is closed. Do not enter because it is a safety hazzard. I counted about 40 SG.

Then of course on the weekend, the SG claimed that the Mark Twain was to be open and running. The Mark Twain is not opening until May 28. There are being major repairs being done. There is no engine and the wheel on the back of the boat was put on incorrectly. For the Columbia, the baot had new track issues and was unable to run until Monday.

I wonder what I will see today at the park? I have seen too many SG over the weekend.

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Thu May 13, 2010 11:59 am

LMAO...

you are not allowed to tell Doctor!

MAPO
Damn Confidentiality <sp> Statement....

PS... I need my own smilies..... =-)
How young was the kid? I thought the kids were to be inward on the cars while the parents prevent them from escaping. That is a SG parent not paying attention.
Turkeyham... you forget that we are talking about SG's here... the kid was 3 or 4 from what i hear....
The system was programmed by the Overtakers ??
Small Worlds HAL 2000 system was programed by the Over Takers... but they outsourced the work to New Delhi after what their internal IT Department did to the Alien Encounter ride.... <mumbles> stupid stitch attraction </mubles>

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Thu May 13, 2010 12:12 pm

Semi-OT: I am an avid player of the game RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. For those unfamiliar with it, it allows you to build your own amusement parks. I have now gotten to the point that I put little fences around all the walkways, even though the simulated guests do not stray from the paths....

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu May 13, 2010 4:03 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Semi-OT: even though the simulated guests do not stray from the paths....
Oh Yeah,,,,,,,,Sure,,,,,,,,and I bet they don't complain,listen the CMs,and are just 'sooo' happy it wants to make you barf? :rolleyes: ;)

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu May 13, 2010 4:58 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Semi-OT: I am an avid player of the game RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. For those unfamiliar with it, it allows you to build your own amusement parks. I have now gotten to the point that I put little fences around all the walkways, even though the simulated guests do not stray from the paths....
Love it. Of course, if the guests are well-behaved, it's just not realistic, no matter how cool the graphics. :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu May 13, 2010 11:27 pm

My friend has that game. He has told me it is fun. He occasionally forgets to check the safety bars and the riders fall out.

How do I get a hold of that game? I think I would get a nice kick out of that.

Grad Nites start here on May 20th! :eek:

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri May 14, 2010 12:38 pm

darph nader wrote:Oh Yeah,,,,,,,,Sure,,,,,,,,and I bet they don't complain,listen the CMs,and are just 'sooo' happy it wants to make you barf? :rolleyes: ;)
Yes, the "peeps", as they are called, will complain if things aren't to their liking in the park. From poor music choices on rides to too much litter.
BRWombat wrote:Love it. Of course, if the guests are well-behaved, it's just not realistic, no matter how cool the graphics. :D:
Actually, the guests can get a bit unruly if you can't keep them entertained, then they will go around vandalizing things unless you have security guards to watch them. Also, if you have a "family"-type group with young children, occasionally you will see on of the children pitching a fit as a grown-up tries to calm them down.
turkeyham wrote:My friend has that game. He has told me it is fun. He occasionally forgets to check the safety bars and the riders fall out.

How do I get a hold of that game? I think I would get a nice kick out of that.
Odd. RCT3 does not require any manual checking of the safety bars on rides. I suppose it is assumed that the employee running the ride does that for you. As to how to get a copy of the game, it is a product of Atari, so you can buy the Windows version from them, and it was ported to the Macintosh by Aspyr. The only drawback with the Mac version (which I have) is that they never converted the "Wild!" supplement over, just "Soaked!". Oh, well, I still have a lot of fun with it...

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri May 14, 2010 12:58 pm

You can pick up the peeps and drop them into lakes, if they are unhappy and you do this, it makes the happiness level rise...

You can also not finish tracks on a roller coaster and send it flying :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Fri May 14, 2010 1:18 pm

ktulu wrote:You can pick up the peeps and drop them into lakes, if they are unhappy and you do this, it makes the happiness level rise...
Perhaps this works in real life? I think if we picked up SGs and dropped them in the lake, it would raise the happiness level of the CMs (and non-SG guests).

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri May 14, 2010 3:11 pm

ktulu wrote:You can pick up the peeps and drop them into lakes, if they are unhappy and you do this, it makes the happiness level rise...

You can also not finish tracks on a roller coaster and send it flying :D:
I'm not sure about the "dunk the peeps" trick. Most of the time, if you drop them into water, they start drowning. Perhaps there is a certain amount of "happiness" they get from being rescued?

Yes, you can remove part of the track. This will lead to a crash, an explosion, and then you have to repair things...
CptnSkippy wrote:Perhaps this works in real life? I think if we picked up SGs and dropped them in the lake, it would raise the happiness level of the CMs (and non-SG guests).
Now, that I'll buy! Of course, before each dunking, we would need an announcement of what exactly the SG did to earn their trip into the lake. :cat1: