Oh the Horror...Nights.

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
deathcomesarippin
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Oh the Horror...Nights.

Post by deathcomesarippin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:34 am

Big Wallaby wrote: And Death, it all depends on which party you're talking about. Your story reminds me of something that happened a few weeks ago. We have a CP, studying at Harvard to be a cardiac surgeon. For the sake of this story, it's important that he's black. He was joking around with some guests when some kid looked him square in the face and said, "Where I'm from, we kill people like you."

I am so glad I wasn't close enough to get to this family. I would have been fired and probably charged with some sort of a crime. You don't throw an entire family in the trough on the hot side and get away with it. :mad:

Wherever this kid is from needs to be the next glass parking lot.
ok ill clear up a few things, im white and my two co-workers of that night where black, the two kids that started stuff where white and when they didnt get what they wanted they said stuff they should not have. I really would of loved to have said/done something or let my co-worker take care of it (since it was directed to him) but not on the clock, its not worth your job.

Security could of kicked them out of the park but they never showed up and it was closing time, and the night after a freind of mine called security due to a fight the ended up with two (white) frat boys on the ground becuase they where saying racist jokes. how can people be so stupid!? dont judge people by the color of there skin!

p.s. I was born and raise in them backwoods and I see everybody equal. and lol trust me I lived in plant city the boonies!

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:01 am

felinefan wrote:On all the posters I've seen for Avenue Q, it says very plainly, "Not fur the little ones". Plus the descriptions of the characters makes it plain that just because it's Muppets doesn't mean kids should see it. Back in the 70s there was an X-rated cartoon called Fritz the Cat; the ads all said "Animated and X-rated!" But I wonder if any parents overlooked that and took their kids to see it anyway? The way things were back then, I kind of doubt it unless the movie theatre ushers/greeters were really slacking off on their jobs, keeping under 17 year olds out.
There's actually signs posted in the lobby and in the programs for Avenue Q saying something to the effect of "Avenue Q is in no way associated or endorsed by the Muppets, Sesame Street or the Children's Television Workshop".

It also helps that many signs proclaim "full puppet nudity!" :)
Boy do I love that show... It'll be here in Boston all next week, and I wish I had some spare money to go see it again.

A few years ago I went to see the revival of Sweeny Todd on Broadway. We were at the very back of the balcony, and there was a family of four sitting in front of us. I just kinda got the feeling they were visiting NYC and wanted to see a Broadway show, *any* Broadway show, and they took whatever the TKTS booth had left. That family did not return after intermission....... (Perhaps they overlooked the show's sub-title "The Demon Barber of FLeet Street"...)

-Rob

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:41 am

Rob562 wrote:There's actually signs posted in the lobby and in the programs for Avenue Q saying something to the effect of "Avenue Q is in no way associated or endorsed by the Muppets, Sesame Street or the Children's Television Workshop".

It also helps that many signs proclaim "full puppet nudity!" :)
Boy do I love that show... It'll be here in Boston all next week, and I wish I had some spare money to go see it again.

A few years ago I went to see the revival of Sweeny Todd on Broadway. We were at the very back of the balcony, and there was a family of four sitting in front of us. I just kinda got the feeling they were visiting NYC and wanted to see a Broadway show, *any* Broadway show, and they took whatever the TKTS booth had left. That family did not return after intermission....... (Perhaps they overlooked the show's sub-title "The Demon Barber of FLeet Street"...)

-Rob
did they sell meat pies in the lobby? hehehehehehhee

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:29 pm

We had an old couple behind us when we saw Avenue Q in Chicago. The guy was just beside himself and was ranting like a wild man at intermission before he finally went to the restroom. Mr. Syndrome and I amused ourselves by snickering about narrow minded people who don't even know how to research a play. I'm sure his wife was mortified, and when he returned it just went right over his head. I was really surprised they didn't just leave, but he struck me as the kind of person who likes to seek out things to be upset about.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:33 pm

felinefan wrote:On all the posters I've seen for Avenue Q, it says very plainly, "Not fur the little ones". Plus the descriptions of the characters makes it plain that just because it's Muppets doesn't mean kids should see it. Back in the 70s there was an X-rated cartoon called Fritz the Cat; the ads all said "Animated and X-rated!" But I wonder if any parents overlooked that and took their kids to see it anyway? The way things were back then, I kind of doubt it unless the movie theatre ushers/greeters were really slacking off on their jobs, keeping under 17 year olds out.
On the web site for Jersey Boys is the following disclaimer: JERESY BOYS is not recommended for children under the age of 12. The production includes flashing strobe lights, herbal cigarettes, loud gunfire and authentic, profane, Jersey vocabulary. We encourage you to use these notes as deciding factors for the enjoyment of the performance for themselves, their children and other audience members.

This might be the most honest warning for a show I have seen in a while. Yet I still see people here with kids in the 8 year old age range at the matinees. Theres nothing they wont hear in the school yard, but still......

I may have to bring my daughter (6 1/2) in to the booth with me for Christmas eves show, and I am undecided if I will let her listen to the show or just set her up with a dvd playing on the laptop and headphones. She will love the music, but I don't want to be the one exposing her to all those F bombs. We shall see......

disneyprincess1988
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyprincess1988 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:26 pm

I've got a couple SGTs from Halloween Horror Nights myself, both from the Wolfman house:

-To the idiot who thought it was funny to leave a used condom on the ground in the queue, what the hell?! I don't wanna see the evidence of what you did! Seriously, people!

-Once I got inside the house, the jerk in front of me couldn't keep his hands off anything. This was especially bad in the morgue scene because he kept pulling sheets off of the bodies. Thankfully, his girlfriend kept smacking him upside the head to make his stop.

For Narnia! And for Aslan!

:jasmine: :minnie: :bouncemic :skellingt :gonzo: :pepe:

All of my favorite Disney characters up above there. :p:

TechieSidhe
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TechieSidhe » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:49 am

disneyprincess1988 wrote:Once I got inside the house, the jerk in front of me couldn't keep his hands off anything. This was especially bad in the morgue scene because he kept pulling sheets off of the bodies. Thankfully, his girlfriend kept smacking him upside the head to make his stop.
Sadly, I have friends like that. I won't go to certain things with them because they can't behave and while I love them to death, I'd prefer to NOT be kicked out of the park by security.

They think it makes them look cool. Nope. They just look like inconsiderate attention whores.

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:14 am

TechieSidhe wrote:Sadly, I have friends like that. I won't go to certain things with them because they can't behave and while I love them to death, I'd prefer to NOT be kicked out of the park by security.

They think it makes them look cool. Nope. They just look like inconsiderate attention whores.
Reminds me of riding the Mine of Lost Souls dark ride at Canobie Lake Park with a long-time friend of mine a few years ago...

Along the track there are motion sensors that detect anyone exiting or reaching out from their cars to touch the displays. When they're set off, a bright floodlight briefly turns on in the room you're in, accompanied by a loud beep. The ride is individual cars going through the rooms, so the disruption/distraction of the "show" is limited only to the people in your car.

Well, my friend decided he wanted to set off EVERY sensor we passed. He wasn't being malicious, and he didn't actually touch anything at all along the way (he's not *that* kind of person), he just waved his arm in the air well outside the car to set off the detector... (It was a very brightly-lit ride for us that day...)

Sure enough, when we got back to the unload point, the operator yelled at us and banned us from riding that ride for the rest of the day. (Needless to say I was mortified and slapped my friend upside the head)

-Rob