Oh the Horror...Nights.

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
SkipperGordon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Oh the Horror...Nights.

Post by SkipperGordon » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:22 pm

Well, HHN 19 is finally over and we're all starting to gather in the break rooms and compare battle scars. Here are my two big tales:

I hit my first E-Stop during HHN. The situation? I turned the corner in scene 2 and two guests were sitting on the jetty directly over mortar 1. Apparently the Saw Queue was so long that it extended all the way to the service road behind our show scene two. The Saw people didn't have the staff to post someone to watch the gate leading to our ride track and drunk guests were getting curious about what was going on behind the bushes. We all sort of noticed each other at the same time, at which point the SGs raised their glasses in a salute and I hit the E-stop. I informed them over my microphone that they were sitting on top of an effect that exerts over 2 tons of pressure and unless they wanted a high colonic they'd better scoot. Unfortunately, security was unable to get there in time so justice was not served; but at least no one was hurt and you'd better believe Saw posted a TM at the gate from then on.

Later in the month a SG decided to play a "practical joke" on me right before my big finish. I turned around to grab my grenade launcher only to find it missing. I looked all over, trying to figure out if I'd dropped it (and wondering how I could not notice doing so); but it wasn't there. I ended up having to shoot the shark with my "finger gun." Well, as soon as I did that I turned around and the SG in row 1 (middle aged guy with wife and kids) was holding up my grenade launcher and grinning. He's been hiding it under his seat! He handed it back to me and then had the audacity to give me a conspiratorial wink. "Oh wow." I said, "You know who will find that really funny? SECURITY."
Turns out security (much like myself) didn't find the joke funny at all. Go figure.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Oh the Horror...Nights.

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:27 am

SkipperGordon wrote:"Oh wow." I said, "You know who will find that really funny? SECURITY."
Turns out security (much like myself) didn't find the joke funny at all. Go figure.
That's just sad.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:57 am

SkipperGordon wrote: Later in the month a SG decided to play a "practical joke" on me right before my big finish. I turned around to grab my grenade launcher only to find it missing. I looked all over, trying to figure out if I'd dropped it (and wondering how I could not notice doing so); but it wasn't there. I ended up having to shoot the shark with my "finger gun." Well, as soon as I did that I turned around and the SG in row 1 (middle aged guy with wife and kids) was holding up my grenade launcher and grinning. He's been hiding it under his seat! He handed it back to me and then had the audacity to give me a conspiratorial wink. "Oh wow." I said, "You know who will find that really funny? SECURITY."
Skipper, please, PLEASE tell me that these are non-functional prop weapons!

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:04 am

Justifilabe bitch slapping. :twisted:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:26 am

when I went to Knott's for the Halloween Haunt one year, some SG was hasseling my friend. SG would come through the mase and try to steal the fake knife from her. She contacted her manager and security. Security caught the SG and kicked him out of the park for the remaining of the evening. Knott's has some good effects that can make anyone screem.

I plan to go to Universal Florida in a few years to see their Halloween Horror Nights. I heard it is good and is worth it. ;)

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:19 pm

We had Frequent Fear Passes so we did HHN 16 times this year, and Security was sorely lacking...much more so than in previous years. Fellow guests were more belligerent too, probably as a direct result of learning that Security wouldn't do anything about it. Some jerkoff kicked out all the Exit signs in Spawning and wasn't caught (how could the Ops people miss that?), and someone hung fishhooks, and then razor blades, in Cleaver. That goes from Stupid Guest Tricks to Psychopathic Guest Tricks.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

SkipperGordon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SkipperGordon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:16 am

CBeilby wrote:Skipper, please, PLEASE tell me that these are non-functional prop weapons!

The prop weapons are no longer functional. They are, however very heavy and capable of causing injuries. In fact I have a previous thread in which one sent ME to the hospital.

deathcomesarippin
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by deathcomesarippin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:00 am

maybe if they where functional you could use them on guest.... :twisted:

I know about the lack of security ... When I was working at hall-o-scream (bg in tampa) we sent the last coaster out for the night and when it got back nobody was in line so the two kids up front asked to go again, we said no its closed, so they got up and finally walked off and one said ''the will work here forever'' when that fianlly reached the breaking point of my co-woker (who was on 2 hours of sleep) to which he said ''you talking sh**?'' and there was a huge verbal battle intill the kids said a certain ''n'' word and then I had to hold back my co-worker and tell those kids just to back off before security comes (of course they never did) then they finally walked off. Are the quest more stupid during the special events or is it me?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:24 am

Just to make sure it's known what I was saying was sad in my last post this thread... the fact that SG...

Hmm, I guess I can't abbreviate SkipperGordon's name...

...even needed to say that. The fact that that SG thought it would be funny to steal the thing.

I am sure I coded the site to put more than just what I quoted in that quote box, but I was having 'puter problems yesterday.

And Death, it all depends on which party you're talking about. Your story reminds me of something that happened a few weeks ago. We have a CP, studying at Harvard to be a cardiac surgeon. For the sake of this story, it's important that he's black. He was joking around with some guests when some kid looked him square in the face and said, "Where I'm from, we kill people like you."

I am so glad I wasn't close enough to get to this family. I would have been fired and probably charged with some sort of a crime. You don't throw an entire family in the trough on the hot side and get away with it. :mad:

Wherever this kid is from needs to be the next glass parking lot.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:03 am

Big Wallaby wrote:And Death, it all depends on which party you're talking about. Your story reminds me of something that happened a few weeks ago. We have a CP, studying at Harvard to be a cardiac surgeon. For the sake of this story, it's important that he's black. He was joking around with some guests when some kid looked him square in the face and said, "Where I'm from, we kill people like you."

I am so glad I wasn't close enough to get to this family. I would have been fired and probably charged with some sort of a crime. You don't throw an entire family in the trough on the hot side and get away with it. :mad:

Wherever this kid is from needs to be the next glass parking lot.
What the h-e-double-hockey-sticks?! That family should be kicked off property and banned. Racism of any sort is completely unacceptable in my opinion.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward