Height restrictions

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
MyLittleAngels
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Height restrictions

Post by MyLittleAngels » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:28 pm

Isn't it always about height restrictions?

This past Saturday, while my family was at IOA, we witnessed a lunatic screaming like a maniac about his son being marginally too short to ride Jurassic Park. He was so obnoxious, he scared my middle daughter. The other two kids, of course, just talked about how if he just move on to another ride, their whole family would have a much better day (non-SGTs in training, they are) .

Anyhow, crazy guy yelled at the TM by the height check, then went through the express line and was spouting all kinds of crazy the whole way up to the load platform, where he continued yelling at people. It even looked like he tried to force his kid into a boat's last row at one point.

I do want to give kudos to the great TM (a tall bald man), who handled himself with geat decorum in the face of this maniac. He stayed calm and collected, and I was very impressed with him.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Height restrictions

Post by hobie16 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:08 pm

Don't engage, don't engage. Ooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:33 pm

Sheesh, buddy, it's just a ride! It's not like your kid's whole life will be ruined if he doesn't ride! Do you know there are millions of kids in the world who never have been to an amusement park--and probably don't know what one is? Do you think they're stressing because they can't get to America to ride the rides? No, because they're too busy trying to keep body and soul together in finding enough food so they'll live to see the next day. That is far more important than a stupid ride.

Though personally, I think security should've been called--if he was making threats, he should've been kicked out of the park.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:08 pm

hobie16 wrote:Don't engage, don't engage. Ooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Oooommmmmm,(must use blanks at close range. all kindsa damage,no bullet)Ooommmmmm :D:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:45 am

felinefan wrote:Sheesh, buddy, it's just a ride! It's not like your kid's whole life will be ruined if he doesn't ride! Do you know there are millions of kids in the world who never have been to an amusement park--and probably don't know what one is? Do you think they're stressing because they can't get to America to ride the rides? No, because they're too busy trying to keep body and soul together in finding enough food so they'll live to see the next day. That is far more important than a stupid ride.

Though personally, I think security should've been called--if he was making threats, he should've been kicked out of the park.
Like your way of thinking on that! Also, this is the same guy who would sue if his kid got injured on the ride.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Aren't they always?

And then you have the kids, usually the under 5s, that keep standing on tiptoe, and the parent--usually who speaks English as a second language--pats the kid's head and smiles, saying, "Good boy". Yeah, I had that at Knott's. Had to call over a bilingual staffer to explain the reason for height restrictions.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Here's a new one from NotAlwaysRight.com, from HersheyPark:

Short-Sighted Fathers
Theme Park | Hershey, PA, USA

(A man and his son walk into the guest services office.)

Customer: “The rides person won’t let my son get on the pirate ship ride.”

Me: “Your son doesn’t appear to be tall enough. Will you have him stand by the height chart for me?”

(I measure the child and he is a good two inches shorter than the height requirement for the pirate ride.)

Me: “Sir, your son is not within the height category. He cannot legally ride the ride.”

Customer: “Well, can’t you just stamp his hand and let him get on since I said it was okay?”

Me: “No sir, that is illegal. Your son will not be safe on that ride as the restraints are not built for smaller riders. We do have a kid’s version of that ride.”

Customer: “I’m going to get my wife. She’s wearing heels today. He can just put those on and be tall enough.”

Me: “Any shoes that are more than two inches thick need to be removed before we can measure the child, so that won’t work.”

Son: “Daddy, why can’t we ride the rides?”

Customer: “Because that horrible lady thinks you’re a midget.”

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:20 pm

Sheesh! :eek:
there sure is a lot of untreated mental illness out there!

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:07 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Sheesh! :eek:
Yeah and just some SGs,blame shit that happens on other people. :mad:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:11 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Sheesh! :eek:
Fecal-Cranial displacement is not a mental illness!