Yes, I'm a Screamer

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Yes, I'm a Screamer

Post by Syndrome » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:13 am

I'll admit it, I'm a scream, and this video proves it: http://bit.ly/10WbZb

I was at the press preview of Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens yesterday and went through the DED sorority house with a ScreamCam. Good times.....

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Yes, I'm a Screamer

Post by darph nader » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:41 am

(note to self,stay away from Busch Gardens) :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Syndrome wrote:I'll admit it, I'm a scream, and this video proves it: http://bit.ly/10WbZb

I was at the press preview of Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens yesterday and went through the DED sorority house with a ScreamCam. Good times.....
Was the interior in complete darkness? It is hard to tell just how dark it was from the IR camera shots.

It looks like fun, in a intense sort of way...

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Screaming is always good on coasters and Knott's Halloween Haunt.

Has anyone beside me, has gone on Space Mountain. Ghost Galaxy was installed and it is really good. So if you have kids that get squemish, don't let them on. But, if your kids are being a pain the the rear put them on it. It will freak them out. ;)

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:18 am

turkeyham wrote:Screaming is always good on coasters and Knott's Halloween Haunt.

Has anyone beside me, has gone on Space Mountain. Ghost Galaxy was installed and it is really good. So if you have kids that get squemish, don't let them on. But, if your kids are being a pain the the rear put them on it. It will freak them out. ;)
Will be there later today-freaking my kids out=Good Fun! :twisted:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:00 am

turkeyham wrote:Has anyone beside me, has gone on Space Mountain. Ghost Galaxy was installed and it is really good.
Going tonight. :witch: New Halloween pyro was great last night. Colors were so perfect! Yrly pyro I hope. :pumpkin:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:28 pm

delsdad wrote:Was the interior in complete darkness? It is hard to tell just how dark it was from the IR camera shots.

It looks like fun, in a intense sort of way...
I think they had it a little lighter than it would normally be but it was still fairly dark. We're heading out there tonight I'll see if it has changed any.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Moonliner
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Moonliner » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:43 pm

Glad you had fun, Syndrome! I was there yesterday night with my wife, son & fiance, and brother and his Busch employee wife. Never been to a haunted house at BG, nor at Uni. We did five of the seven houses at Busch. While my wife had a couple scares, I found the houses a little tedious, my favorite though being the Nightshade Toy Company. I think I would enjoy it more being in the house, than going through it. Or seeing it like Syndrome saw it going through alone - nothing seemed surprising to me. SO would I have better luck for a scare at Universal?

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:17 pm

turkeyham wrote:Has anyone beside me, has gone on Space Mountain. Ghost Galaxy was installed and it is really good. So if you have kids that get squemish, don't let them on. But, if your kids are being a pain the the rear put them on it. It will freak them out.
I enjoyed Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy as well. :cool:
I love the sounds and images that are on the exterior of the Mountain at night.

And yes, Ghost Galaxy does have some images that may be frightening for some kids.

I also really enjoyed the Halloween Screams fireworks.

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:27 pm

Moonliner wrote:SO would I have better luck for a scare at Universal?
It's hard to say because the two events are similar in some ways, but to me Universal is more about 'set pieces' and Busch was more like the professional houses in various locations that I used to go to in Chicago. The Saw house is utterly amazing at Uni this year just because it's so much like the movies. We did HowloScream on Saturday and had fun other than the SGs in front of us in the Toy Factory taking flash photos. I told them to knock it off and couldn't hear what they responded, but they didn't turn off the camera. A word to the next security guard we spotted took care of the situation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal