Contagious Guest Tricks

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Contagious Guest Tricks

Post by Syndrome » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:46 pm

I felt like playing a little bit today, so I headed out to Universal to do some Rip Ride Rockit via the singles line. Had a lot of fun, but during one wait the dude behind me had no concept of person space. He was with several other people but seemed draw magnetically to me, constantly bumping and rubbing up against my arm. Normally I'd tell him that the next touch is gonna bring out my Tourette's, which manifests itself with my foot in his groin, but Mr. Syndrome happed to call just as my patience wore thin (poor guy is out of town). The dude was close enough to hear my end of the conversation and probably Mr. Syndome's too. So I said, "The doctor said I can only spread the virus through skin to skin contact, right?" He picked right up on it and said, "Well, did you get the prescription yet?" I said, "No, I figured I'd get it on my way home. I planned to just avoid touching people, and if anyone is rude enough to touch me, I figure they deserve what they get." Amazing...dude didn't even come near me again for the rest of the wait.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Contagious Guest Tricks

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:02 pm

Awesome, Syndrome! :p:
With Halloween coming, stock up on a little rolled gauze and fake blood. Wrap both elbows before entering the Parks, applying just a touch of "splatter" to the edges. Won't have to say a word, although coughing a little won't hurt.... :twisted:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:32 pm

You sure seem to be a weirdo magnet. :rolleyes: I loooove the convo between you and hubby though. :D: Can I steal that for the right occasion? ;)

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Obviously you and Mr Syndrome have a well rehearsed and effective plan of attack to deal with SGs.

DisneyMom - good idea with the blood and bandages. That oughta work.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:34 pm

Leprosy is always a good way to get creepy fellows away from you.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:41 pm

Syndrome wrote:I felt like playing a little bit today, so I headed out to Universal to do some Rip Ride Rockit via the singles line. Had a lot of fun, but during one wait the dude behind me had no concept of person space. He was with several other people but seemed draw magnetically to me, constantly bumping and rubbing up against my arm. Normally I'd tell him that the next touch is gonna bring out my Tourette's, which manifests itself with my foot in his groin, but Mr. Syndrome happed to call just as my patience wore thin (poor guy is out of town). The dude was close enough to hear my end of the conversation and probably Mr. Syndome's too. So I said, "The doctor said I can only spread the virus through skin to skin contact, right?" He picked right up on it and said, "Well, did you get the prescription yet?" I said, "No, I figured I'd get it on my way home. I planned to just avoid touching people, and if anyone is rude enough to touch me, I figure they deserve what they get." Amazing...dude didn't even come near me again for the rest of the wait.

Now that is a SMART Guest trick ! :twisted:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Syndrome wrote:I said, "The doctor said I can only spread the virus through skin to skin contact, right?" He picked right up on it and said, "Well, did you get the prescription yet?" I said, "No, I figured I'd get it on my way home. I planned to just avoid touching people, and if anyone is rude enough to touch me, I figure they deserve what they get." Amazing...dude didn't even come near me again for the rest of the wait.
:yourock:

Zazu

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:34 am

Syndrome wrote:...So I said, "The doctor said I can only spread the virus through skin to skin contact, right?" He picked right up on it and said, "Well, did you get the prescription yet?" I said, "No, I figured I'd get it on my way home. I planned to just avoid touching people, and if anyone is rude enough to touch me, I figure they deserve what they get." Amazing...dude didn't even come near me again for the rest of the wait.
:hysteria: You're awesome, Syndrome!!!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:52 am

I do have to admit that the movie "Ghost" was my inspiration (remember that great scene in the elevator?). This guy didn't strike me as a weirdo as much as someone who truly had no clue about personal space...that's why he didn't get a threat of foot-to-crotch right off the bat. Too bad I'm all recovered from the really, really nasty bout of poison ivy I had this summer or that would have made it all the more interesting.

Mr. Syndrome tends to be a little kid magnet for some reason, but of course we cut the little ones slack because they're so darned cute when they're clinging or leaning on his legs.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:04 am

I've been on the "Japanese sardine train", so I am a bit more comfortable when personal space is diminished, but only if it's not annoying and necessary, like the elevator on HM. The Japanese have taught me to enjoy other things like uncomfortable silence, which is fun when you know others are not comfortable :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."