Stupid Game Tricks

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Stupid Game Tricks

Post by Syndrome » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:27 pm

I'll admit I'm a sucker for certain theme park games, most notably the goblet pitch (where you try to throw a ball into a colored cup to win a prize). I was playing it at SeaWorld today; I chose a side where there was no one standing but me, stood in the center of that area, and did my thing. A guy comes over, gets about as close to me as possible without touching my body(although I think he was touching my shirt) and proceeds to lean way over and literally try to drop his balls directly into the colored cups. I didn't say anything at that point because he wasn't successful and went back to the other side, where his entire family was gathered and taking up the whole area.

He grabs a bunch more balls, comes back to my side, gets all up into my personal space again, and does a repeat performance. I said loudly, "Why don't you just lean over a little farther so you can cheat even more effectively?" He said, "Huh?" and I replied, "Well, you're leaning so far over you may as well climb over if you can." He said, "That's how you're supposed to play," and I said, "No, that's cheating. You see everyone else keeping their hands behind the line and throwing?" He said, "What do you care?" and I said, "I care because you're right up my ass and I'm sick of it." He said, "Well, the other side is crowded" and I said, "Yes, with your family, and I suggest you get away from me and go back to them. I chose this side specifically to be away from jerks like you." At that point, he took his balls (the plastic game ones...he obviously didn't have any of the testicular kind) and slunk back to the other side.

The funny thing was, a worker saw this all go down and didn't intervene. I was surprised he didn't say something to the jackass for cheating, but perhaps he saw that I had things well in hand...no doubt jackass would have bitched out him to Guest Services if he dared to say something.

On the happy side, I won a couple of stuffed toys to make a couple of kidlets' days with. I only play for the fun of it, so I love to give any winnings away to young uns. I especialy like singling out the ones who play and don't win. I say, "Wow, you threw those balls so well! You deserve a prize so here you go!" (Yeah, yeah, I'm probably as bad as the soccer leagues that give everyone a trophy, but I really love seeing their cute little smiles.)

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid Game Tricks

Post by darph nader » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Way to go syndrome,ON BOTH COUNTS. I 'used' to do the same things years ago. At my favorite watering hole they had a "Grab" machine,I spent a whole $2.00 one nite and brought home 2 grocery bags of toys. For the next 3 months I was bringing home all kinds of stuff. (the baker was gettin kinda pissed) :o: Well come "Toys for Tots" time, The bar got back 2,35gal garbage bags of stuffed toys. :cool:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:28 am

When I was in the Army Reserve a few of us got volunteered to drive a group of disadvantaged kids to Great America in Santa Clara. One of the guys who drove turned out to be a stuffed animal winnin' machine. He decided all the kids were going home with something.

By the time he was done they all had one and they weren't the dinky ones. In some cases the stuffed animal was almost as big as the kid.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Mr. Syndrome and I love those crane games, and I can win the hoola hoop and quarter pitch games (sadly I've never seen either of those here in FL), so we used to clean up on toys all year in Chicago. For the ones I didn't give away the rest of the year, I'd hand 'em out to the little kids for trick or treat on Halloween. Between that and our costumes/act that we used to do, we were the most popular house in the area. I would dress up as a masked murderer with a 'bloody" knife. Mr. Syndrome would answer the door in a red-splotched t-shirt and dangling handcuffs and say, "Here! Quick! Take the candy and get out of here before she gets back!" Then I would jump out with the knife, drag him off and slam the door. We didn't do it if it was little kids...we'd just give them the toys.

One time I was in the bathroom so Mr. Syndrome answered the door. As he got ready to hand out the candy, the kids said, "Hey, what about the show?" He was like, "Come back in 10 mins."

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Syndrome wrote:Mr. Syndrome and I love those crane games, and I can win the hoola hoop and quarter pitch games (sadly I've never seen either of those here in FL), so we used to clean up on toys all year in Chicago. For the ones I didn't give away the rest of the year, I'd hand 'em out to the little kids for trick or treat on Halloween. Between that and our costumes/act that we used to do, we were the most popular house in the area. I would dress up as a masked murderer with a 'bloody" knife. Mr. Syndrome would answer the door in a red-splotched t-shirt and dangling handcuffs and say, "Here! Quick! Take the candy and get out of here before she gets back!" Then I would jump out with the knife, drag him off and slam the door. We didn't do it if it was little kids...we'd just give them the toys.

One time I was in the bathroom so Mr. Syndrome answered the door. As he got ready to hand out the candy, the kids said, "Hey, what about the show?" He was like, "Come back in 10 mins."
That is so cool. A buddy of mine used to do a haunted house in his double carport until some gang-bangers came along a fucked it up for everybody. :mad: I used to love dressing up as a scarecrow and sit out front,scaring the bigger kids. Now we just do the graveyard scenes. :cool:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:06 am

Syndrome wrote:On the happy side, I won a couple of stuffed toys to make a couple of kidlets' days with. I only play for the fun of it, so I love to give any winnings away to young uns. I especialy like singling out the ones who play and don't win. I say, "Wow, you threw those balls so well! You deserve a prize so here you go!" (Yeah, yeah, I'm probably as bad as the soccer leagues that give everyone a trophy, but I really love seeing their cute little smiles.)

I was at the local Six Flags park with friends a few years ago. Two of them played a couple games to compete against each other and see who could win more/bigger/better prizes. Well, they each won a rather large stuffed animal. Since they were doing it for fun and didn't want to lug them around all day, they decided to give them away to kids.

First guy had no problem giving his away. The second guy went up to about 4 or 5 families, each of them saying "no thanks". We were joking that he must look "evil". (Even funnier, he's a school teacher, and doesn't really look mean or nasty at all) He failed again, and finally gave up and said to the first guy "Here! You try!" The first guy gave it away on the first attempt. :D:

-Rob

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:20 am

Sounds like giving away FastPasses. Usually I have no trouble giving away toys, but when Mr. Syndrome or I try to give away spare FastPasses people are ready to run in the opposite direction. I don't think we look too evil; more like the opposite, since we tend to be the ones people will ask for directions at random times. But FastPasses apparently emit some dangerous aura that scares people away. Back in the Years of a Million Dreams, I witnessed people nearly stampeding away from Dream Squad members who were trying to give them Dream Fastpasses.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:50 pm

Syndrome wrote:Sounds like giving away FastPasses. Usually I have no trouble giving away toys, but when Mr. Syndrome or I try to give away spare FastPasses people are ready to run in the opposite direction. I don't think we look too evil; more like the opposite, since we tend to be the ones people will ask for directions at random times. But FastPasses apparently emit some dangerous aura that scares people away. Back in the Years of a Million Dreams, I witnessed people nearly stampeding away from Dream Squad members who were trying to give them Dream Fastpasses.
Maybe they are afraid of it being an undercover cop scheme to apprehend them! :p:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:00 pm

Or a timeshare sales ploy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal