Screaming Kid & Family Kicked Out of Universal

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Screaming Kid & Family Kicked Out of Universal

Post by Syndrome » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:14 am

I reported based on all the info. I could find:

http://bit.ly/3w5WC1

But still, I'm betting there's a LOT more to this story, since the family that is trying to play so innocent is the one that got kicked out.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Screaming Kid & Family Kicked Out of Universal

Post by ectomstr » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:28 am

What I find funny is that they were gonna complain about the others. Why? Cause someone cursed at your daughter? Hope they don't go to NYC...ever. Can't file a complaint against the whole city. I mean seriously, lesson to be taught to the child would be "grown up words, don't ever say them".

but, hey, they're the "innocent victims" here.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:43 am

[Quote=The Article]She claims that the complainer used foul language, causing Nix to ask park security to call the police after they got off the ride. She was planning to file a complaint against the woman, but it was her own family that ended up in trouble.[/Quote]

She was planning to file a complaint against the woman for swearing? What was she hoping that would accomplish? Clearly there is a lot of information missing here so I can't really make a judgment on this, but calling the police over the ill defined "foul language" is stupid; someone could tell me to "shut up" and I could consider that "foul language" if I felt so inclined.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

MyLittleAngels
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MyLittleAngels » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:45 am

I'm sure the banned family is completely innocent, and was quietly respectful during the "altercation". :rolleyes:

Really, I love going to USO/IOA, but some of the guests leave a lot to be desired. It's a very different atmosphere from disney or even Seaworld. I'm guilty of having gotten into a few verbal altercations myself, as I am not the type to keep my mouth shut, and I don't appreciate people running over my kids. Nothing can set me off like that. However, I also don't allow my kids to be obnoxious on rides, to the point that it would ruin the experience for another guest. And I've heard a girl of that age scream on a ride ... It can be an awful, awful glass-shattering sound.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:48 pm

Good for them. the only bad thing is they will probably go to WDW!

I was also interested in the links that are in the article. there was a whole thread on board x about people changing diapers on dining tables aroud the parks.

I wish Disney would address that issue more directly. (Maybe a handout to all people with small children letting them know its not acceptable to do that?)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:47 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I wish Disney would address that issue more directly. (Maybe a handout to all people with small children letting them know its not acceptable to do that?)
Yeah. You'd think that more people would see the diaper changing counters in the restrooms and take a hint.

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:48 pm

MyLittleAngels wrote:I'm sure the banned family is completely innocent, and was quietly respectful during the "altercation". :rolleyes:

Really, I love going to USO/IOA, but some of the guests leave a lot to be desired. It's a very different atmosphere from disney or even Seaworld.
It is such a noticeable difference! I have no desire to visit IOA, and I've been sitting on one of the free tickets since the last superbowl. I have gone to Disney twice since then though ;)

MyLittleAngels
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MyLittleAngels » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:24 pm

I have no desire to visit IOA
I really recommend giving it a try, especially since you have a free ticket. The Cat in the Hat ride is truly inspired, and Spiderman is so much fun! The theming in the Jurassic Park area is very immersive. Actually, I've gone there and spent several hours with my kids just playing the Dr. Suess area .. It's my absolute favorite "kid-centric" theme park area in the city.

I also need a good coaster fix now and again, and nothing at Disney can quite hold a candle to a good inverted. Of course, Manta is definitely top of my list right now - who can resist a fantastic B&M?

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:59 pm

... and if that ticket still goes to no use, I'll happily take care of it for you. Seriously, PM me on getting rid of the ticket ... I mean, you seem like you won't be using and have said you have no desire to. I'll happily pay you a small sum for it!

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:36 am

It's tied to my address (it's one of those the address must match your DL, one per family/houshold, no pets, valid only on days ending in Y, not allowed where not allowed, etc)

I have a conference in Daytona the first week of November. I'm hoping to make a detour afterwards and perhaps I'll check it out again. The Fire&Ice coaster had good theming to it (Dueling Dragons?) and the Hulk (loved the takeoff) are the only ones standing out in my mind.