Loose articles!

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Loose articles!

Post by JugglingFreak » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:39 am

Nexium, the little purple pill?

AvaNellMouse
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by AvaNellMouse » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:30 am

hhsrat wrote:Mostly ... although, there was one that also had a pair of "little purple pills" in there as well
mmmmm... PEZ?

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:30 pm

About the flip flops.
Do you let guests ride w/o flip flops? What if the ride went down and you had to evac? Then the guests would have to walk barefoot.

We have the exact opposite shoe problem at SFMM. People will take off flip flops, sneaks, slip ons and even thigh high boots before the get on. However, we make them take them. If the shoes are loose the can hook them through the belt or sit on them. If the sneakers are loose, the guest has to hold them. They are not allowed to leave shoes at the station of with a non riding member.
Why would you want to be barefoot in a sticky soda strewn line? People don't even listen when you tell them they need to bring the shoes, they just argue and whine. :mad:

Plus there is a no loose article rule. AND, you cant leave items at the station. So you must buy a dollar locker. People get angry, but I can only enforce the rules, not bend them. I am not big fan of the rule, but I do what I am told to do.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Of course we let them ride without. If we have to evac we ask them where their stuff is and their shoes are brought to them. The only other option would be not letting them ride at all.

Per ride policy they cannot hook them to their seat belts and we will make them take them off. That seat belt serves one purpose: a fail safe for the harness should it unexpectedly release. Our seat belts get a lot of absue and we are not going to further abuse them by allow guests to hook them to the belt.

They also are not allowed to hold anything. This is a 70 mph inverted coaster with multiple loops and corkscrews. Their hands are to be free to hold the harness, and chances are whatever is in their hands will fly out. I have heard a few stories of adjacent rides finding articles that have come out of guests' pockets on our coaster, and even one claim that a supervisor was hit in the head by a cell phone (they were not even under the track area but were at an adjacent ride.) It is a safety violation. The other issue is that if an item falls in the wrong spot it could actually shut down the coaster.

We will not retrieve a lost item unless it is very valuable (and no, your cell phone does not count as valuable) or it is vitally important such as a shoe or the keys to your car. Unfortunately, this often involves delaying dispatch if it is on one of our platforms or lift, or shutting down the ride if said item has landed in what we affectionately call "kill zones".

So nope, no loose items, no handheld shoes, no sitting on items (they do fall out when you go over loops and corkscrews). We do have cubbies for them to put their items in. We do require them to wear their shoes in line though and when I see people who are reriding and just leave their shoes in the station, I politely inform them that unless they are actually on the ride their shoes need to be on their feet.

Petite and Proud!

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:11 pm

That is weird how different the two policies are. They should stick with the cubbies, I don't like the idea of the shoes through the belt, but I do what I am told to do by mngmnt. I wish we had shoe bags under the seats.

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:35 pm

When I ride an inverted or floorless coaster with flip flops, I take them off and put them behind me. Once I am harnessed and strapped in, those suckers aren't going anywhere. They are thin enough not to affect how snugly the harness fits.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal