"Thith ith retarded"

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: "Thith ith retarded"

Post by Syndrome » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:11 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:I teach life skills and all my kids have a diagnosis of "mental retardation" in that their IQs fall within that range. It is a disability, not an insult. Grrrrrr.
That's why I love Carlos Mencia's "Dee Dee Dee" song. As he points out in the beginning, dee dee dee doesn't mean mentally retarded. It means STUPID. If I had to deal with SGs all day, every day, I'd be telling a lot of them, "Obviously you are the result of a dee marrying a dee."

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:46 pm

Just for an alternative point of view... "This Has Got to Be Retarded," at MattressPolice.com.

If you don't find it as funny as I do, then... please don't hurt me. :o:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:30 pm

lady ulrike wrote:These are a great idea, until you have parents taking the wristbands off of taller kids to put it on their younger and shorter ones. Then it just creates a whole host of problems and the parents will insist that their child be allowed to ride since they have the correct color wristband on even though the child is several inches too short and the wristband is obviously stretched out. The other problem is if the child is just barely too short and the parents do this, then the child might actually be allowed to ride and then there is the potential for harm.
The wristband are put on, fairly tight, at the central measuring station, then the attraction attendant did a double take to check for signs of tampering or stretching. She even , at one coaster, looked at the cut strips on the adhesive,, which will deform if the band is stretched. I did not see anyone double checked for height at load, but there are indicators at the groupers position, where the grouper would easily see who was not making the bar.

And for the jerks that might beat the system, I LOVE Syndromes idea for the release paperwork !
Syndrome wrote:Just whip out a sheaf of forms: "Sure, your kid can ride, but first you need to sign this form that absolves us of liability when she falls to her bloody death because daddy didn't care that she was too short to fit into the restraints properly. Then sign this one, which is a wage assignment that Disney will use for reimbursement for the ride downtime while we remove the body. This one is for therapy for the CMs and guests who will witness the results of your selfish act. And this last one is an information form with all the pertinent info. for the Department of Family services to aid in the prosecution."
Every attractions CM should have these ready at hand. It should certainly cause a few of them (if they can read) to think twice. And for those that do sign, just proceed to processing the Family Services form immediately !

It reminds me of the ice cream bar story I read about here a couple of years ago. :eek:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:01 pm

Can somebody tell me if there is a cure for a bad lisp like this character had? I mean, isn't it foolish to call someone retarded if he has a speech impediment that makes him look less than intelligent? Not to mention unmasculine. When a kid speaks with a lisp, it's cute, because in most cases the child will correct himself as he gains better control of his vocal organs. But when an adult lisps, one has to ask why didn't he go for speech therapy himself? Maybe he was indulging in the name-calling because he was picked on for his lisp while growing up, and now he figures it's payback time. My analysis, anyway.

Just asking....

TuesdayBear
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by TuesdayBear » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:39 pm

^Well, as a teacher, I know that it can take years to correct a speech defect in some cases. Perhaps this guy went to a school that didn't offer speech and language services. And maybe he can't afford those services now (or isn't aware that they even exist).

And it is true that people who are bullied are more likely to become bullies. So I think your thoughts on this are probably spot on, imho, anyway.

But, boy, the height issue bugs me. We took our daughter to DCA when she was 4 YO and about a quarter inch too short to ride many rides she wanted to go on. It upset her, but no way was I going to try to get around the height requirement. But this SG who overheard how upset she was suggested that I just tuck napkins in her shoes. "Works every time for my kids," she said. I explained to her in no uncertain terms that I'd rather watch my kid cry over a ride than watch my kid die on that ride. And once I overheard some SGs on Matterhorn talk about how the height rules don't really mean anything anyway. Yeah, like the park came up with the rules just so they could contribute to the economy by employing sign makers. Some people just don't get it.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:46 pm

TuesdayBear wrote:^Well, as a teacher, I know that it can take years to correct a speech defect in some cases. Perhaps this guy went to a school that didn't offer speech and language services. And maybe he can't afford those services now (or isn't aware that they even exist).

And it is true that people who are bullied are more likely to become bullies. So I think your thoughts on this are probably spot on, imho, anyway.

But, boy, the height issue bugs me. We took our daughter to DCA when she was 4 YO and about a quarter inch too short to ride many rides she wanted to go on. It upset her, but no way was I going to try to get around the height requirement. But this SG who overheard how upset she was suggested that I just tuck napkins in her shoes. "Works every time for my kids," she said. I explained to her in no uncertain terms that I'd rather watch my kid cry over a ride than watch my kid die on that ride. And once I overheard some SGs on Matterhorn talk about how the height rules don't really mean anything anyway. Yeah, like the park came up with the rules just so they could contribute to the economy by employing sign makers. Some people just don't get it.
I hope you told off the SG in a voice LOUD enough to catch the attention of close CMs. :twisted:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:56 am

I remember reading something from here, that a SG had their kids put ice cream in their shoes?

If your kid is not tall enough, I would not cheat the system.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:21 am

turkeyham wrote:I remember reading something from here, that a SG had their kids put ice cream in their shoes?

If your kid is not tall enough, I would not cheat the system.
I 'think' that was 'Disneyland,The Unoffical Guide'. (maybe) :confused:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:44 am

Oh I found it...ucf disneyfan posted...
Meeting the height requirement
On attractions where children must reach a certain height you will see parents pull all kinds of stunts to make their children appear taller. Probably the best story is from this summer when I was measuring a little girl and she started crying, saying her feet were cold. Thats because her father had the brilliant idea to buy two ice cream bars and put them in her shoes. It was so hot out that the ice cream was melting inside of her shoes before she even got to me. After the whole ordeal I don't think she even wanted to ride the ride if I let her.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:18 am

darph nader wrote:I 'think' that was 'Disneyland,The Unoffical Guide'. (maybe) :confused:
yeah, ice cream in thier shoes?
as the ice cream melted the kid would get shorter and shorter,
and start making squishy sounds.
but you could find them easy by following the ants....

Corey